VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Full Time Travel: Prescription Refills Oxycodone

Rate this topic

Hello my fellow family members. Need some advice on getting my prescriptions filled. I take a total of 10 different medications and will not have a problem having most of them filled and sent to me. However my oxycodone refills are a real hard one. We are going to be traveling for the next two years and will only be home ten weeks of the year. We will be traveling around the world but need to get our refills. Any advice would be great. We have no family members who can forward the medication.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Full-time RVer's use a number of mail forwarding services and one of these would probably work for you. I used one of these local mailbox business services and I'd just pay to have whatever was important to me over-nighted byFedEx or whomever. I usually did second day air as it was considerably cheaper. It worked well, for me.

pr

Hello my fellow family members. Need some advice on getting my prescriptions filled. I take a total of 10 different medications and will not have a problem having most of them filled and sent to me. However my oxycodone refills are a real hard one. We are going to be traveling for the next two years and will only be home ten weeks of the year. We will be traveling around the world but need to get our refills. Any advice would be great. We have no family members who can forward the medication.

Edited by Philip Rogers

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the VA will give you some static about the oxy but you may be able to buy it in other countries much easier than here. I have to order my oxy every month which I get by certified mail. How badly do you need the oxy? You need to consider each country you visit about their rules for having narcotics. You don't want to be on "Locked up Abroad" episode 10.

I travel full time and have used Earth Class Mail for over a year with no complications.

They've forwarded VA meds to me also.

They notify you by email if a letter or package has arrived, and you can get the letter scanned so it doesn't need to be shipped.

They have saved me untold aggravation over General Delivery etc.

http://www.earthclassmail.com/

Have fun!

• 3 months later...

I too want to travel for several months at a time but my PCP will not refill my prescription for hydrocodone and other meds unless I see him for a check up about every 6 months.

Any ideas on what to do?

• HadIt.com Elder

Go to an outside doctor and have them stroke all your pescriptions and take them to walgreens. Tell them to put it into their system. The system is nationwide and I use it for emergencies. I was in Los Angeles in July and had to use it.

Using a mail service also works for parcels and mail.

Basser