Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anthrax Shots

Rate this question

ghillbe

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I have seen that document posted online before. Looking at the title block Medical Group (provisional)" is listed, but at the bottom it says "675TH MED DET OA HISTORICAL FILES -UNSORTED".

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

I never deployed, but was in a deployable billet. I received the series and always wondered why my shot record never mentioned the injections.

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

I was fortunate to go back to my unit and get a letter from my adjutant commander who knew me and who knew the duties that I had to perform before, during and after the deployment within a year of my discharge. I needed the letter for my government job but it really helped my claims.

I'm one of the lucky ones. I have vaccine a-1 and vaccine a-2 listed in my med records, along with the PB pills that we were given to counteract the nerve agents. Our flight surgeon entered the data into everyones med records in theater. Glad he did.

"Some People spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference......The Marines don't have that problem."- Ronald Reagan

WHIRLY BIRD

I received the first three shots in the series back in 1999. It was the third one that ended up being called a "bad batch". From that point forward my shot records showed I was medically declined from ever receiving an anthrax shot again. Not sure what made it a bad batch, but was always curious. I still have my shot records to this day documenting it.

I have looked up some of the batch numbers and many were expired and put back in the system and reused. Odd thing I noticed while working in a medical company, you are required to put manufacture date, exp date, lot number, and serial number whenever these shots are given. In my case and many of my deployment friends, that information is omitted or partially filled. FAV 110 and FAV178 were expired batches put back in service and reused after receiving warnings that those lot numbers were bad. Worrisome to say the least. Look it up on the web and read for yourself. I think some of the info I found was from the CDC and manufacture websites of the vaccines themselves. Some data suggests that it can cause autoimmune responses in some patients.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r: