Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% With No Further Examination

Rate this topic

jjmd

First of all, I would like to everyone on hadit.com. Without your help I don't know it was possible.

Today, I checked ebenefits and found out that i have 100% service connection with no further exam. That was great news. The funny part is due to my depression and all, I could not get exited like I wanted to. That was weird.

My biggest concern is the incompetence part. During the C&P exam, I told the Shrink that i had some problem forgetting to pay my bills . However, I did not tell her that I make big mistakes when it comes to handling my money. In fact, I survived all of 2011 with a little bit of GI bill income and still my credit card accounts did not go on collections. I do not have any collections to begin with. However, there are a couple of missed payments. That was due to not having adequate income.

The second part is I wanted to continue taking college course. I usually take just one a semester and it has a positive impact on my PTSD and anxiety issues. Also, if they find a new treatment for PTSD in the feature, I have something to fall back on. However, doing nothing and VA reeducating the benefit for some reason will only devastate me more in the feature.

For those wondering what I did to receive this benefits, I have one advice, Be consistent with your case. Just tell them the truth. That is the only way you can be consistent.

Thank you and GOD bless you all.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations. If you want to know about the incompetency issue, you should get your C and P exam and see what the doc wrote. If he said you are competent to handle finances, then you are probably good. If he says you are not, then get prepared for a very rough ride. If he says nothing, then it can go either way.

There has been a recent case where you can "NOD" findings of incompetency. If your decision says you are incompetent, I would file a NOD immediately, and probably go get an IMO from a doc that will opine you are competent. It would be worth the cost of the IMO.

Great news, spend wisely.

Be sure to check out additional state benefits you may now,

be eligible fo,r plus the insurance.

Please update your profile to show 100 percent P&T.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use