VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Process. At What Phase According To Ebenefits Will I Be Set Up For C&p Exams?

Rate this question

rm360

Question

I filed my claim in September 2011; I do not understand as far as ebenefits states, as to when I will be set up for C&P exams?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I filed my claim in September 2011; I do not understand as far as ebenefits states, as to when I will be set up for C&P exams?

Welcome,

1) Is the claim an original claim (21-526),

when and where did you serve,

when were you separated,

what VARO did you file your claim issue/s with,

what are your claim issues,

how many different issues,

did you submit your claim issues online (VONAPP), by yourself at the VARO or with a VSO,

do you have a copy of your c-file,

if yes,were there copies in there that document the illness, injury, disease, events

that you are submitting claims for,

if yes did you submit copies of these or private medical records to va

with your claim,

if not did you tell the va in submitting your claim when and where what-ever medical things

happened in regards to evidence to support your claim issues for service connection,

do you have documentation that shows you submitted your claim ?

2) A claim submission date of Sept 2011, sometimes is considered as barely having time to clear the

mail room.

VBA has no time limits, only claimants have time limits.

A C&P will be scheduled whenever a VBA decision maker gets to it and decides that a

C&P needs to be scheduled.

Don't get caught up trying to rely on accuracy at ebenefits or the 800 #.

Live your life - access medical care and prepare to continue waiting.

Here's a link to the claims process at the VARO:

http://www.benefits.va.gov/WARMS/M21_1MR3.asp

then click on:

Chapter 1 - Structure of the Veterans Service Center (VSC)

Here's more helpful links:

http://www.hadit.com/index.html

http://www.hadit.com/va_claims_process.html

http://www.hadit.com/veterans_self_help_guide.html

Welcome,

1) Is the claim an original claim (21-526),

when and where did you serve,

when were you separated,

what VARO did you file your claim issue/s with,

what are your claim issues,

how many different issues,

did you submit your claim issues online (VONAPP), by yourself at the VARO or with a VSO,

do you have a copy of your c-file,

if yes,were there copies in there that document the illness, injury, disease, events

that you are submitting claims for,

if yes did you submit copies of these or private medical records to va

with your claim,

if not did you tell the va in submitting your claim when and where what-ever medical things

happened in regards to evidence to support your claim issues for service connection,

do you have documentation that shows you submitted your claim ?

Yes, the claim is a 21-526. I served from Jan/ 2002 to Jan/ 2005 in the Army. 1st Armored Division 1-36th Infantry Battalion in Ray Barracks, Germany. MOS: 11B; I'm currently in the Army Reserve now till ETS: October 2013 as a Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic. My claim was filed by an AMVETS VSO to the Los Angeles, CA Regional Office. Claim Issue/s: PTSD, TBI, migraines, bilateral tinnitus, hearing loss, lower back, numbness in right leg.

What is a c-file?

The only supporting evidence I had submitted was from private doctors for my lower back, and right leg. The issues from PTSD to Hearing loss; I do not have records for.

Yes, the claim is a 21-526. I served from Jan/ 2002 to Jan/ 2005 in the Army. 1st Armored Division 1-36th Infantry Battalion in Ray Barracks, Germany. MOS: 11B; I'm currently in the Army Reserve now till ETS: October 2013 as a Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic. My claim was filed by an AMVETS VSO to the Los Angeles, CA Regional Office. Claim Issue/s: PTSD, TBI, migraines, bilateral tinnitus, hearing loss, lower back, numbness in right leg.

What is a c-file?

The only supporting evidence I had submitted was from private doctors for my lower back, and right leg. The issues from PTSD to Hearing loss; I do not have records for.

Thanks for providing answers.

This is just a guess but I'd say you'll probably be scheduled for a C&P

within 6-12 months.

If you're not getting medical care at your VAMC - I suggest starting.

I had also signed a statement that I do not have any other documents to support my claim(s). It is stated on ebenefits that is in the "Gathering of Evidence" stage. Thank you Carlie for your response; I appreciate it.