VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

xpertshot

I revieved a partial award in the mail yesterday. Last week I had noticed my status on ebenefits go from notification back to review of evidence. I know now it's because two items are listed as deferred. 1) Entitlement to Individual Unemployability and 2) Major Depressive Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

My new award is for Rotator cuff 10%. which doesn't change my combined rating of 80%.

I'm confused on the Major Depression deferral because I was rated 70% Major Depressive and others to get me combined 80% in Jan 2012 and back dated to Aug 2010. Why is it showing up now as deferred?

My award letter includes forms to update dependents but I already did that and they already sent me retro for that back in Feb 2012.

Thanks,

xpertshot

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Kind of like chopping down an oak tree with a leatherman tool. You only get small chunks.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

"Major Depressive Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder." "Why is it showing up now as deferred?"

Being a pessimist and a bit paranoid at heart, I'd be tempted to think that the RO wants a chance to see if there is an excuse to change (reduce) the previous depression rating. A "new" claim or decision is an opportunity to determine the appropriateness of existing ratings that are not covered by time limits.

Edited by Chuck75

"Major Depressive Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder." "Why is it showing up now as deferred?"

Being a pessimist and a bit paranoid at heart, I'd be tempted to think that the RO wants a chance to see if there is an excuse to change (reduce) the previous depression rating. A "new" claim or decision is an opportunity to determine the appropriateness of existing ratings that are not covered by time limits.

That's my worry. They only decided that a few months ago and now they want to take it away?

They sent the forms to my previous employers and one replied that they don't have a record of me working there, ever. It was the 2010 census so all those temp offices are closed now.

My only other employer was from 2009 and that company was bought out and merge with another. I was fired from that job so it doesn't surprise me they haven't replied either.

When I called the 800 about a month ago, they told me they were waiting for the employment verification forms to come in. I told them they will never come and that I don't have any additional information to provide. They sent a request for these forms when I asked for TDIU in Jan 2012. I also signed a new form stating that I do not have any additional information to submit to support my claim ( I forget the form number).

I don't know what the fuss is in "verifying" my past work history. Why don't they just go to Social Security and get my records from them? It's all there. And any employment that the VA is aware of, is because I disclosed it to them.

Complete nonsense!

xpertshot

Eitherway get you a doctor to write an IMO stating you cant work because of your issues. This will give you more or some weight for your claim.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use