It's happening at EVERY VARO

and the damned BVA isn't all that much different - - -

pass the buck and instead of making a decision - - -

just find a quick reason to remand !

Example - vet wasn't properly notified or

VCAA was not sent BUT around 2 years down the road

after the VARO has cured these insufficiencies and it's back at BVA - - -

BVA cries no harm, no foul as these now cured insufficiencies did not

negatively impact the claim issue/s to the detriment of the claimant.

Well the heck it doesn't - the claimant is now two more years

down the road.

JMHO

PS.

Rep Filner has been a guest on SVR several times.

Great proponent for VBA claimants.

WOW!

I am hoping that I can once again voice my concerns, even if I have to go to another hearing, I need to make sure that the ignoring evidence problems is blown open so everyone can see what they have been getting away with.. i think that is my biggest gripe,, gripe isn't the right word, outrage is mild... explsive is probably a better word for how I feel about the ignoring evidence.. and getting away with it...

the 2nd problem is time frames for moving claims along..

They need to add another step,, they need an instake process when you submit any paperwork it goes through a contact point that makes sure the Vet's paperwork is understood when they receive it, and it should be added to the c-file with a statement signed by the VA under penatly of jail and fine that the person working hte claim must read and acknowledge all evidence, and if they do not understand any documents they must Immediately (within 3 working days) contact the claimant and get clarification..

those are steps that need to be added to make sure the VA does not screw Vets..

I was at this forum that day, and it was a very fired up meeting. I must say though i did not think anything would come of it, but "MAYBE" i was wrong. Today i received a call out of the blue from the "CENTER FOR INVESTIGATING REPORTING" stating that they had received some of my former complaints against the varo oakland from another local va organization, and they wanted to know if they could get an interview about my trials and troubles with the oakland ro and if it was okay if they monitored my progress. I'm really not about hearing a lot of lip service from politicians, but Congresswoman Jackie Speier stirred up the hornets nest. On top of this happening, i"m watching the Rachel Maddow show this evening on msnbc and low and behold she's doing a complete spill about oakland and the san diego varo"s and the BS vets go through to receive their benefits. I feel a something is brewing .

Retire44 I'm thinking about you and your relentless pursuits on your claims, and maybe someone is starting to listen. Everyone else count your blessings that your'e not dealing with these particular varo"s.

I am in NC it took 18 months after service to get my C&P exam WOW now how long will it take to get a decision out of these folks? !!

I don't think they get that we have to go through a lot with our finanances and struggle while waiting.. especialy folks like me that can't work due to our injuries..

that money and treatment isn't a Damn gift we earned it, all of us and it should be paid in a timely fashion...can I get an Amen on that !

• HadIt.com Elder

To the VA - - -

"Floggings will continue until morale improves". It seems that nothing else has worked. (For decades, no less!)

Edited by Chuck75

Congressman Filner is a real advocate for Veterans and not just with lip service in my opinion.

Only if there were more like him in Washington/Congress.....