VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Quest To Prove Tbi

Rate this question

killemall

Question

Like many of you I spend way to much time thinking about this stuff but I decided to keep an updated logg of my progress and what better place to keep it than here.

Back in 98 while in basic training I was knocked unconcious when a fellow recruit hit me in the head from behind by swinging butt stock of his m16 like a batt. I was unconcious for nine hours and awakened at 3 am when I was found in the woods.

The drill sgts swept it under the rug and was simply labeled as a training accident.

Fast forward 14 years and I have many problems.

Sever loss of hearing

Loss of balance

Slurred speech

Numbness in left facial area with drooling

Decreased memory

It was all a lil too much and I contacted the suicide hotline.

In the middle of may 2012 I was seen by a phych and after describeing my symptoms the doc asked if I ever had an head injury to which I described the above.

A week later I went to intake were I was recommended to go through neurology.

The first week of june I was seen by my provider. I was given a cat scan wich came back clean.

My next apointment was the beginning of july 2012 with my provider. I am now scheduled for the following in the month of July 2012

Neurology

Neuneurology

Mri

Sleep apnea

Ill update the results of the appointmentments

Good............and I hope the guy you found on line and contacted will reply with a buddy statement. ANy response from him?

"Went back to neuroligist and he said that more than likely my facial numbness is not due to my tbi."

Was he a VA neuro?

"Turns out my neuroligist stated that I have a brain stem dysfunction that cause the left side of my face to be partially paralyzed" But he said Not due to the TBI...?

Say what?

“Skull fractures, especially at the base of the skull, can cause cranial nerve injuries that result in compressive cranial neuropathies . All but three of the 12 cranial nerves project out from the brainstem to the head and face. The seventh cranial nerve, called the facial nerve, is the most commonly injured cranial nerve in TBI and damage to it can result in paralysis of facial muscles. “

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/tbi/detail_tbi.htm

I bet he IS a VA neuro. What the hell does he think brain stem dysfunction is? and what it can come from... a TBI!

I know...it is one hard road to travel.

You sure definitely might need a strong IMO for this claim.But keep it going....

(In my next life I am going to become a doctor and work for the VA and try to be Competent....I cant believe some of the medical stuff I see.)

Thanks Berta. No he didnt reply back to me via a military forim together we stand. So now im gonna co.tact him via Facebook. The Dr was paid by the va but not a va doctor. My mri and cat scan both came back clean. I appreciate the info you supplied.

The guy who struck me to the head in basic training never responded on facebook. But still gonna keep pushing forward

The guy who struck me to the head in basic training never responded on facebook. But still gonna keep pushing forward

It apprears that after receiving all my medical redords from the military (took six months) and all my va medical ecords (took a few weeks) that my initial treatment records for my blow to the head and being unconcious are missing. All my records have is my stitches removal from my face and labels it as training accident.

so they have the record of my stitches removal from a training accident. BUT WHERE IS the initial visit telling of my open face wound, chipped teeth,black and blue side of my head,crooked nose and being found in the woods unconciuous? Ive got pictures from my basic ceremony that should coincide with the date of stitches removal that will show just how severe my injury was.

But I swear it feels like a conspiracy. Obviously I know it is not, however......Knowing you rightfully deserve compensation for an evnt that changed your life and not being ble to locate buddies who were there 15 years ago or records of your initial visit just missing is quite frustrating!

Where is the record? Any suggestions on what to do in the case of missing medical records?