VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Quest To Prove Tbi

Rate this question

killemall

Question

Like many of you I spend way to much time thinking about this stuff but I decided to keep an updated logg of my progress and what better place to keep it than here.

Back in 98 while in basic training I was knocked unconcious when a fellow recruit hit me in the head from behind by swinging butt stock of his m16 like a batt. I was unconcious for nine hours and awakened at 3 am when I was found in the woods.

The drill sgts swept it under the rug and was simply labeled as a training accident.

Fast forward 14 years and I have many problems.

Sever loss of hearing

Loss of balance

Slurred speech

Numbness in left facial area with drooling

Decreased memory

It was all a lil too much and I contacted the suicide hotline.

In the middle of may 2012 I was seen by a phych and after describeing my symptoms the doc asked if I ever had an head injury to which I described the above.

A week later I went to intake were I was recommended to go through neurology.

The first week of june I was seen by my provider. I was given a cat scan wich came back clean.

My next apointment was the beginning of july 2012 with my provider. I am now scheduled for the following in the month of July 2012

Neurology

Neuneurology

Mri

Sleep apnea

Ill update the results of the appointmentments

I have been successful in locating old medical records at this location;

Veterans Administration

Records management center

PO Box 5020

St Louis, MO 63115-5020

hope this helps!

Also, have you been tested for TBI? There are several testing methods that determine the diagnosis and severity

Edited by meghp0405

Its hard to believe I started working on this claim 18 months ago. Ive been through ptsd and other mental testing. Ive done Mri's and cat scans etc. I was diagnosed as having a possible brain stem dysfunction.

Ive been on all types of different forums trying to locate basic training buddies who witnessed my tbi 15 years ago. I found one. But he never responded back to me.

In short Ive done a lot to try s nd prove this tbi but my medical records of the incident don't exist or are missing. The only documentation I can find are stitches removal from my face a week later..But no mention of why and when the stitches were applied.

Been a wild goose chase. But there's hope. While trying to prove this tbi I accidentally found several other disabilities that are compensatable sitting right in my medical records.

Some were even in my va records upon discharge where the Dr. Clearly stated that at least as likely as not such and such is due to military service. ....yet the Va never acted.

I may or may not ever prove this tbi. But chasing the truth has opened many doors. I won't give up and I hope you do the same. Have a Merry Christmas my brothers and sisters

Some movement. My family 7000 miles away sent me two decent pictures of my face back in 1998 at my infantry graduation that show the extent of my head injuries. Pictures even have dates on them. Yessss. Some proof that it did happen.

• HadIt.com Elder

You know psychologists who do biofeedback can document TBI because a TBI will change your brain wave patterns. My private psychologist told me this and showed me an article. He is expert in biofeedback.