Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C/p Exam In A Few Days

Rate this question

#1Cavtrooper

Question

I am anxious about my upcoming C/P exam on Friday July 20, 2012 in Sugarland, Tx. I want the doctor to see me at my worst after I drive the 125 miles and navigate traffic through Houston. It probably encompass a better portion of the day....... Sigh :(

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am anxious about my upcoming C/P exam on Friday July 20, 2012 in Sugarland, Tx. I want the doctor to see me at my worst after I drive the 125 miles and navigate traffic through Houston. It probably encompass a better portion of the day....... Sigh :(

What issues is/are the C&P for?

Have you looked over the exam work sheets or the DBQ's, for increase

in your current evaluation or IU criteria?

@Carlie... Per my conversation with a lady from Qtc my exam is for a combination of arthritis, Ptsd, Major Depression, Panic Disorder, Anxiety, Alcohol Abuse in remission, Cervical Spine, Back and Headaches. For some reason the Varo added Arthritis as it was not one of my contentions. On this initial claim, I was awarded 70% Ptsd and 20 % for Right Shoulder. Headaches, Cervical Spine, Back and Tdiu were deferred. I did download copies of DBQ's for Arthritis, Cervical Spine, Back and Headaches. P.S. Check your pm....

trooper,

Just be honest about how all of these issues affect you and don't try to pad anything.

You might write down important points that you don't want to forget i.e. how each condition affects your ability to work, side effects of medications, etc.

Don't be surprised or disappointed if you aren't allowed to "state your case" to the C & p doc; they have their own agenda and are not the judge who decides your case.

Your claim is won or lost on the written evidence submitted - C & P's only being part of that.

So, ensure your ducks are in a row with evidence and don't worry too much about the C & P.

Let us know how it goes! smile.png

When I filed my claims, especially TDIU, I had fellow employees and wife (they could see the effects of my condition) submit letters to VA. Remember, they will probably ask something like "how are you" or something. Don't tell them you're fine (as in a normal conversation with friends). Like trooper says be honest and tell them "the drive up here stressed me to tears" or sitting all the distance here was painful". They will make note of anything positive you say about how you feel. Don't lie, but tell them how you really feel. Think about the worst days you have had and tell them about it. Good luck.

Thanks for info Jon. Well, here's an update.... When I got home today from appointment at my local Va outpatient clinic, I had in my mailbox ANOTHER Qtc exam notification! This one is scheduled for July 30, 2012 with the same psychologist that did the Qtc exam for Ptsd etc. on Nov. 1, 2011 that got me 70% (of my 80% total rating. On the letter Va is asking for an "opinion" I guess for the Tdiu on the psychiatric conditions in my previous post and occupational assessment. The C/P exam tomorrow will be done by a Doctor specializing in Internal Medicine for my exam for Arthritis, Back, Cervical Spine, and Headaches. It appears Houston Varo is following up very quickly to expedite this initial claim and for that I am fortunate (thank the Lord above) and grateful.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper