Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fast/training Letter For Those Who Want To Know About Tdiu

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

I found this Fast/Training Letter you can download see attached..

It talks about UI in detail. Some might want to read it because it answers questions about working,dates of claims, etc...I didn't see this letter in the Hadit Training Letter section so I figure I would share it for others to read. It will answer questions for others and will hopefully give an understanding...

Rob

Unemployability-Training-Letter-TL07-01E1.pdf

Edited by rpowell01

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Help. I tried to follow the document but have a hard time concentrating. Can someone answer these questions for me? I really don't understand.

1. I have filed for an increase in two of my disabilities. One is for my back problems which have gotten so bad I havdise been forced to telework from home on a permanent basis. I can barely walk long distances without assistance. I don't drive anymore.

2. I am a federal worker and am considering seriously applying for a medical/disability retirement.

3. Will I qualify for a TDIU?

thanks,

Help. I tried to follow the document but have a hard time concentrating. Can someone answer these questions for me? I really don't understand.

1. I have filed for an increase in two of my disabilities. One is for my back problems which have gotten so bad I havdise been forced to telework from home on a permanent basis. I can barely walk long distances without assistance. I don't drive anymore.

2. I am a federal worker and am considering seriously applying for a medical/disability retirement.

3. Will I qualify for a TDIU?

thanks,

Top, in my opinion only, if you ultimately apply for and are approved for a medical/disability retirement and it is because of your service connected conditions, you should have a greater than 50% chance of TDIU approval.

Others more knowledgeable may chime in to provide input as well.

Take care of yourself and thanks for your service to the USA!

DAV Life Member - Thanks to all Veterans for your selfless service.

I found this Fast/Training Letter you can download see attached..

It talks about UI in detail. Some might want to read it because it answers questions about working,dates of claims, etc...I didn't see this letter in the Hadit Training Letter section so I figure I would share it for others to read. It will answer questions for others and will hopefully give an understanding...

Rob

Rob,

great information within this letter and well worth the read...thanks.

DAV Life Member - Thanks to all Veterans for your selfless service.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are under FERS you have to apply for OPM disability and for SSDI. Try and get both. OPM is pretty easy to get. As soon as you stop working even on terminal leave then file for TDIU regardless of your percentage rating. I was a federal worker. I was fired due to my disability. I applied for OPM, SSDI and TDIU. I got OPM first and then SSDI. Last but not least I got TDIU. I appled for TDIU when I was 30%. I got bumped up to 70% after I got OPM and SSDI, but was denied TDIU. I appealed and got TDIU. It took about 18 months most of it waiting for TDIU and getting IMO's.