Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Completion Date By Kentucky Windage

Rate this question

MarkInTexas

Question

Well, ePeggy updated today and now shows that my completion date went from January 28, 2013 to July 15, 2012. I guess since we are having fictional completion dates, I will also make up a fictional rating. Therefore, I rate myself 100% with no future appointments. I wonder if they will buy that?

Btw, since eBenefits started displaying the estimated completion dates, this is now my third version. My first estimated completion was October 30, 2012, and I was disheartened a bit when it was bumped back to January, 2013. Now I'm just finding the whole process hilarious. Can I get rated for eBenefits Delerium....at least like 10 or 20%?

At least they did give the disclaimer now, "Your claim is being processed by the Regional Office. We generally process claims in the order received. We recognize that your claim has exceeded the projected completion date and remain committed to completing our review as quickly and accurately as possible. Thank you for your patience."

Anybody else have a third round of completion date changes yet?

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas

• Answers 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey Mark...both my husband's and mine went into prep for decision, then back to gathering dust and neither have been marked completed yet, although we both received our brown envelopes and are currently receiving comp. I believe the reason why they have not been completed is because they deferred some items on both. I happened to check the Document Download page and saw my AB8 - this was when the claim went back to gathering evidence. Thought it was a fluke/error, but a few days later the brown envelope appeared.

In regards to retro - my husband has not received all his retro (he's retired 20+ years) but they did give him over 15k less then a week after receiving his brown envelope, they sent a letter stating that a review by DFAS would be needed before he received the remainder. A couple of days ago he received another 6k from DFAS for what we believe is the monies they withheld from his retirement check (previously he was at 30% - changed to 100% ) because of comp by VA. No idea how long it will take for the remainder of the retro to show up but he is receiving his full retirement pay and also partial funds from VA. Guess it depends on the VARO again as to how fast things will move along.

They've changed the estimated completion date for a dependency claim (had to add my youngest son's SSAN) 4 times. The last change was estimated completion of 13 Jan 2013. Granted, I've had an appeal in the works and finally had a hearing so I don't think anything can happen to my file while it's at the BVA. BUT, the date has at least stopped moving to the right and now just says it's late....

Whew! OK, here's a new update from the firing range. On Monday, I believe my claim was sitting on Pending Decision Approval, but by Tuesday evening it showed Complete on ePeggy. I checked my VA Letters area, and sure enough there was an AB8. It's showing a whopping 10%, and yes, I was....and still am.....aggravated, but I didn't throw a fit. I tried to call my VSO (American Legion) at the Houston VARO on Wednesday....Thursday....and Friday, but no answers, just a voicemail. I really wanted to know what was going on.

On Friday however, I received retro in my bank, which equates out to what I would have gotten at 10% from my original filing date of June 19, 2010. That all fit so far. Then on Friday when the mail was delivered, I received the magical "brown envelope" that everyone talks about.

And sure enough, I only received a rating of 10% for Tinnitus. I also received a 0% rating for hearing loss in my left ear. (Makes sense because I'm left handed and all firearms use for the most part was left handed.)

Everything else was denied. I do plan to file a Notice of Disagreement, but first I want to do this the right way. (If there is a right way.) I'm mailing off a VA open records request form for my entire C-File, including all documents within, the folders, the flaps, the post-it notes and any old napkins from donuts that the raters may have left it while they were snacking.

Then I guess I need to file my NOD. OR.....should I file it first BEFORE I receive my C-File documents. Any thoughts, prayers or "told you so's".?

I want to thank everybody for the instruction, help and moral support over the years since I started this journey, and I hope y'all will put up with me a while longer as I trudge through the NOD and maybe even the longer appeals process.

Any suggestions or input will always be greatly appreciated.

Mark