VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Completion Date By Kentucky Windage

Rate this question

MarkInTexas

Question

Well, ePeggy updated today and now shows that my completion date went from January 28, 2013 to July 15, 2012. I guess since we are having fictional completion dates, I will also make up a fictional rating. Therefore, I rate myself 100% with no future appointments. I wonder if they will buy that?

Btw, since eBenefits started displaying the estimated completion dates, this is now my third version. My first estimated completion was October 30, 2012, and I was disheartened a bit when it was bumped back to January, 2013. Now I'm just finding the whole process hilarious. Can I get rated for eBenefits Delerium....at least like 10 or 20%?

At least they did give the disclaimer now, "Your claim is being processed by the Regional Office. We generally process claims in the order received. We recognize that your claim has exceeded the projected completion date and remain committed to completing our review as quickly and accurately as possible. Thank you for your patience."

Anybody else have a third round of completion date changes yet?

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas

• Answers 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Holy Smokes! I know I shouldn't get excited, but I just checked ePeggy, and it's now showing the ominous status of "Preparation for Decision" with a new and improved date range of 05/29/2013 to 12/03/2013. (keep in mind that my claim filing date is 06/19/2010).

I know that I shouldn't be jumping for joy, because I am also just as likely to get a letdown, but I'm thankful to see some form of "eMovement" .....(can I copyright that before the VA uses it?)

I also realize the dates are still not realistic usually, and I'm shocked that I moved from Gathering Dust to Preparation for Decision without visiting Park Place, Boardwalk or Review of Evidence.

Sigh, also from reading here over the past couple of years, I also realize that Preparation for Decision may be my next step right before going back to Gathering Dust again, but I'm still happy about the movement.

Good luck all, and I'll keep you posted.

Mark

Happy for you MarkInTexas.....hard not to get at least a little excited when you see any movement after watching month after month as it collects dust. At least when you see movement....you get the feeling they have not lost your file or forgot about you. Hope it continues to move forward for you....you've been waiting a long time. Just out of curiosity are you more nervous or anxious now about the possible rating now that it shows in prep phase then you were when it was in the gathering dust phase? I was...and am:)

USMC, thanks! Well, to be honest, I'm anxious about both as well. I've heard so many horror stories on here where the VA kicks things back into Gathering Dust, or sends out a lowballed rating letter. I've resigned myself to being prepared to do a NOD if/when I finally get a rating, just from what I've heard on here and other websites. (It's kind of like making sure you have plenty of batteries and canned food, etc. when a hurricane is still over Cuba, but hasn't decided to go north or west yet.)

I know I am ready to know something though. This is my first claim, which as I mentioned was filed waaaaaayyyyyy back on 06/19/2010 (I filed it via VONAPP a day or two earlier, but that is the VA's file date, so I'll live with it.) I've filed a lot of old military paperwork, sent in tons of documents that the VA requested, had two separate C&P examinations and have said "VA Secretary Shineski is cool!" like 30 times a day for good luck. (OK....maybe not the last one.)

Today marks 2 years and 7 months for me, and I know that there are others that have waited much longer than I have to get their ratings.....or to get more bad news and have to fight and wait longer, so I try to keep that in mind.

I think that I'll really kind of start worrying more on the rating if my ePeggy thingy moves "forward" from Preparation for Decision, instead of moving backward again. I've moved up to Review of Evidence on a couple of occassions already, but always went back to Gathering Dust. When/if I actually move forward, I'll really start wondering what the VA's raters had for breakfast that morning, and if they will be happy campers when they open my old files. smile.png

I guess this is a long answer just to say.....errr......Yes?

Have a great weekend.

Mark

P.S. - I know there is no crystal ball out there, nor GPS that can navigate any two VA claims the same, but I wonder if anybody out there has any words of wisdom, or thoughts about any claim processes similar to mine whereby there was an extended wait (in Houston VARO of course), where multiple C&P's were scheduled (for separate conditions), and where things finally moved to Preparation for Decision. I'm just hoping that the VA took all this time, money and effort (well, not sure how much effort they took), because they are looking at my claims in a positive manner. - Mark

New update. Although there has been no change yet from my Preparation for Decision status, I did receive a large brown envelope in the mail from the VA. I was excited when I opened it, but no decisions or ratings. It was a bit confusing because the VA had sent a letter to me, along with the original copies of documents I had previously mailed to them (certified/return receipt requested) from my military service.

Basically, they said in the letter that they already had copies of all of the documents they returned back to me in my active military personnel files. Anybody ever have this happen before? I would have thought they would have kept them. I spent a good bit of time organizing them, highlighting certain portions, and preparing them to be sent off, not counting the cost of postage, etc. It really didn't even look like they went through them. (But they were all definitely "my" copies because I had hand-written my name and VA file number on every page in blue ink.)

What do y'all think?

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas