Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Those With Lumbar Issues...

Rate this question

jrvet95

Question

I have had lumbosacral joint disc disease for sometime now. In June of this year I did something to my back than caused me to go to the ER because of pain in my legs (read past post about this). The pain was in my legs then but not really in my back. Now its in the L5-S1 part of the spine (dead center) and if I do any work like washing dishes it hurts really bad. But, what what is bothering me now is I have tingling in my feet and my legs feels really weak and I am having a hard time walking. My legs feel funny. I do get the "sharp, burning " pain on the top and bottom of my feet.

I know people with lumbar usually have pain in their legs but do you guys experience certain days you don't have pain but have numbness and weakness in your legs and feet? This is driving me nuts. I cannot stand with my newborn child without my wife telling me my legs are shaking and I have no clue they are shaking whatsoever.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I had PT on my cervical spine in December of last year for 4 weeks. At first it was good then I started having reactions to the tractions they were doing. I would go to work right after I left PT and man my arms and chest muscles would hurt so back and the headaches were awful. I will say though that my neck isn't as stiff as it was before PT but after PT my neck now sounds like "Rice Krispies" tilting or turning it. And if I sneeze wow pain shoots in both arms.

I am just tired of being in pain, just sick and tired of it. I feel bad that I cannot hold my newborn longer than I can but my wife understands....I think this is the hardest impact on my life right now..

Have you tried an inversion table? It's like traction, but far gentler and you can do it in your own home. It's done wonders for my spine.

I do know those pains and signs. Me myself just didn't pay enough attention in my 20's but after looking back I can see the pattern of what was going on. 1st after several back issues: spasms, sprains etc then suddently I could no longer sit Indian style on the range to having constant spasms during any type of strenuous activities to where I am now. Wash the car take pills to get through the next day, trim the hedges take pills to get through the next day, work on a ladder pray, stay awake and take pills to make it to the weekend so I can just lay around like a couch. Then as I read time and time again my medical records I find something different relating to my spine. OH is curved in one direction one year then the other direction the next year. Did anyone tell me NO!! it's crazy and just un ethical that noone would even think to mention it too me. but hey I've got the steering wheel now! I wish each and everyone of you all the best in your endeavours and some level of comfort as you all know at this point complete comfort is almost a dream. One thing I have learned over the years is pain management, this is key, as you know the VA will almost give you anything you want, so I monitor my pain with my blood pressure to assure I haven't just completely lost it and pop pills everyday knowing it will lead to more potent pain medication which destroys you from the inside. So be carefull my brothers and sisters for weak we are not!

OOHRAHH

I go to pain management next month after 2 1/2 years of living off of Tramadol. Yep you heard it, I haven't had anything except Tramadol which now is like candy to me. I was one of those lost boys who got lost in the mix of all the older gentlemen at my past CBOC. I don't recall ever seeing anybody my age over there....Anway I understand how those pills work, had to take them whenever I shingles for a month. I know what htey can do to a person.

I have had lumbosacral joint disc disease for sometime now. In June of this year I did something to my back than caused me to go to the ER because of pain in my legs (read past post about this). The pain was in my legs then but not really in my back. Now its in the L5-S1 part of the spine (dead center) and if I do any work like washing dishes it hurts really bad. But, what what is bothering me now is I have tingling in my feet and my legs feels really weak and I am having a hard time walking. My legs feel funny. I do get the "sharp, burning " pain on the top and bottom of my feet.

I know people with lumbar usually have pain in their legs but do you guys experience certain days you don't have pain but have numbness and weakness in your legs and feet? This is driving me nuts. I cannot stand with my newborn child without my wife telling me my legs are shaking and I have no clue they are shaking whatsoever.

since i have moderate spinal and foraminal stenosis in my lumbar spine, i have cramping in my legs so bad, i can barely waslk five feet. then i need to sit down for 10 minutes or so.

since i have moderate spinal and foraminal stenosis in my lumbar spine, i have cramping in my legs so bad, i can barely waslk five feet. then i need to sit down for 10 minutes or so.

I hope I don't go there, I feel its getting better but I haven't tried to walk around the house in awhile. But I still have problems bending just a little to do anything. I have to bend way over and lean against the countertop just to cook.

I will say this, it doesn't take a person to go to college to be a great meteorologist. I am more accurate than the weatherman on TV any day!!!!

Edited by rpowell01