Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Those With Lumbar Issues...

Rate this question

jrvet95

Question

I have had lumbosacral joint disc disease for sometime now. In June of this year I did something to my back than caused me to go to the ER because of pain in my legs (read past post about this). The pain was in my legs then but not really in my back. Now its in the L5-S1 part of the spine (dead center) and if I do any work like washing dishes it hurts really bad. But, what what is bothering me now is I have tingling in my feet and my legs feels really weak and I am having a hard time walking. My legs feel funny. I do get the "sharp, burning " pain on the top and bottom of my feet.

I know people with lumbar usually have pain in their legs but do you guys experience certain days you don't have pain but have numbness and weakness in your legs and feet? This is driving me nuts. I cannot stand with my newborn child without my wife telling me my legs are shaking and I have no clue they are shaking whatsoever.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Actually there is alot you can do.

1st, regardless of what anyone tells you, you need to stay active. but NO IMPACT exercises! A strong back and strong abs work wonders. As your muscles tighten up from not being used, they tighten on your sciatic nerve as well. You need to do alot of stretches lying flat on the ground, and lite yoga type work..

If you go to the chiropractor, he should have a exercise booklet for you, or you may be able to google one. I have had a bad back, and surgery for 10 years now. When I go through periods of non exercise, or just being a coach potato, I can feel the tingle and pain come back. You dont neccessarily have to exercise, but continue walking and doing what you can.

Thanks rpowell01 for this post and all whom chimed in I have lumbar issues as well exactly L5-S1 when it moves and touches my nerves its hell

Edited by ComputerGeek46