VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vietnam Buddy Gets 30% For Ptsd

Rate this topic

john999

• HadIt.com Elder

A buddy from Vietnam I contacted about 2 years ago just got 30% for PTSD. He also has a claim in for DMII. I talked to him for the first time in 40 years and encouraged him to file a claim because he was in bad shape when I was in Nam. He went all these years living out in the woods and never went to the VA for anything. I am going to tell him to stay in treatment and appeal that rating when he has some more evidence. His wife has cancer and he is in pretty bad shape himself. My other buddy is in Idaho and dying from AO. I am really happy I was able to help him and send him in the right direction. He is poor and does not have a working computer.

John

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A buddy from Vietnam I contacted about 2 years ago just got 30% for PTSD. He also has a claim in for DMII. I talked to him for the first time in 40 years and encouraged him to file a claim because he was in bad shape when I was in Nam. He went all these years living out in the woods and never went to the VA for anything. I am going to tell him to stay in treatment and appeal that rating when he has some more evidence. His wife has cancer and he is in pretty bad shape himself. My other buddy is in Idaho and dying from AO. I am really happy I was able to help him and send him in the right direction. He is poor and does not have a working computer.

John

Great job, John! That's another thing that bothers me about the VA. The ability to file a compensation claim is like some little secret that the DOD and the VA fail to publicize. So many veterans' lives might have turned out better, with much longer longevity and quality, if they had been bried on benefits properly during their separation from the military.

Thanks again for helping him out.

Mark

Well done John !!

So many people with problems fall through the cracks & basically get ignored by society.

We get wrapped up in our busy lives & don't take time to help each other.

Your freind is lucky to have you & keep up the good work.

Bob K

John- I think you were the first vet here to welcome me to hadit --- maybe a decade ago???

And you have always provided sound advice and help to many many veterans here. On a daily basis .

I consider that to be continuous Honorable Service-way beyond the days of your service and sacrifice in Vietnam and MANY here today were, at one time were struggling with VA,. yet have used all of those experiences and expertise to continue to help their fellow veterans here.

You have helped to make hadit the wonderful site it is today.

The two vets you mentioned- ---

I bet your help will alter their lives! I also believe there are many vets out there who are unaware they could file for some of their disabilities.

Markin Texas is right:

"So many veterans' lives might have turned out better, with much longer longevity and quality, if they had been bried on benefits properly during their separation from the military."

The military has done a much better briefing job then they used to.

Still the VA briefing is one of many out-processing briefings and I am sure many 'new' vets don't give it too much thought at discharge because so much else is going on.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use