Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vamc Travel Pay Is Going Direct Deposit

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

I go to the VAMC a lot but today was the first day I was told that travel pay will have to be direct deposited. They already charge veterans a service charge so I bet the service charge will increase once the travel pay has to be sent direct deposited. I was told that travel pay will be deposited within 48 hours of a veterans’ scheduled appointment. This will be another mess.

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

And if you don't go dd they will send it snail mail and my last one took over 67 days!

I think this was done because a few MC were doing a little hanky panky and an audit showed no accountability.

So who suffers? Us vets for sure!

• HadIt.com Elder

I signed up at Dallas VAMC but they still send a paper check. Its a little paper work but it is sure nice to tell them to send a check when you check out at VA. I usually get a check in 2 to 3 weeks. It is 5.90 but it covers the gas/ I got 31 bucks for my C&P exam in Ft Worth Clinic. Lots of employees and very few patients.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Last I heard the Ft.Worth C&P hospital is able to handle dallas and mesquite area patients. They said that all we need to do is let the Dallas Office know. I will get back with Dallas vets on this later.

All I know is for me to get to my Local VAMC is about 3/4 of a tank of Gas at $4 a gallon it adds up fast.

Of the 4 different VAMC's I have been to, none of them have chairs in the travel pay area, every other place in those hospitals have waiting areas with chairs but not the travel pay clerk or the cash window. Currently they hope you don't want to stand around and wait. By making it physically uncomfortable for you to get your travel pay, they hope you just leave and don't bother with it.

Once they stop paying it at a window on the day of the appointment, you will get the same quality and expeditious service that VA provides for other financial matters. I predict the error rate will increase and the amount of paperwork and constant follow-ups required to actually get them to fix it will cause some people to give up.

They are hoping not to pay you, and they wont have to pay a clerk, to do vouchers at the VAMC. They are going to save two ways in the future on this! An added bonus is if vets can't afford to front the transportation cost for thier appointment they won't use as many services which will help with them offering appointments in a more timely manner.

And that my Friends means BIGGER BONUS for the clinic managers because they are doing such a fine job of servicing thier veterans!

Sorry if I seem a bit cynical, its an acquired condition from dealing with the VA.

They are hoping not to pay you, and they wont have to pay a clerk, to do vouchers at the VAMC. They are going to save two ways in the future on this! An added bonus is if vets can't afford to front the transportation cost for thier appointment they won't use as many services which will help with them offering appointments in a more timely manner.

Interesting point, 71M10; however, for those who can't afford to front the transportation cost, they should still be able to use the various service organizations that provides free shuttle transportation to/from VA medical appointments; just my opinion...

DAV Life Member - Thanks to all Veterans for your selfless service.

Just wanted to post that I went to the VAMC in November and then again in February and neither travel pay has been direct deposited into my acct. I will be there on Mon the 18th I will be bringing it up.