Rate this topic

MarkInTexas

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the information and updates, all!

I hate to sound optimistic, which I know will probably just jinx me, but it looks like the VA is taking a good approach towards handling this backlog. Looks kind of like the Wal-Mart approach, except that in Wal-Mart's express lane, they handle 20 items or less. (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

In my own case, moving to Special Ops may be from any one of the mentioned reasons, I'm in a case over two years old, my own claims are complex, and I do have multiple conditions claimed. We'll see how far this goes.

But it is a good feeling knowing.....or assuming....that a rater who is trained on these types of cases may...hopefully...maybe....actually be working on my case.

(I'm still gunshy and trying not to jinx myself all over again.)

Thanks again to all!

Mark

just another shuffle to another stack on another desk. They will touch it and send it to another stack on another desk and say "you're it. by the way, when is our next break or holiday?".

just another shuffle to another stack on another desk. They will touch it and send it to another stack on another desk and say "you're it. by the way, when is our next break or holiday?".

You'r not just a kidding !

post-60-0-26110700-1352841730_thumb.jpg

Mark in Texas

I'm going to join you and be positive about any movement. Thinking negative all the time just drags me down mentally. so basically I stay positive and hope that individuals do their jobs in a timely fashion or at least make an atempt to do so. what more can you ask when someone has your $.

Good luck

Mark in Texas

I'm going to join you and be positive about any movement. Thinking negative all the time just drags me down mentally. so basically I stay positive and hope that individuals do their jobs in a timely fashion or at least make an atempt to do so. what more can you ask when someone has your $.

Good luck

Cham,

You're right. There's a megaton of stuff to be depressed about in this process. The VA plays under their own house rules, and they own every card dealer, but I guess because it's still my initial claim, I keep holding out that there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

I've been frustrated at the VARO's, ePeggy, Peggy, the VSO's, the system itself, and even the U.S. Air Force and the VA for failing to let veterans know back in the day about the importance of filing claims early. (I had to learn about what to do from an old AF supervisor of mine, who retired as a SMSgt and went to work for the VA himself.....which was many years after I had separated.)

Carlie, that photo is definitely scary. I don't why the VA doesn't just hire a bunch of temps, train them, and put them next to scanners and computers and scan those tons of files into the system until caught up.

I wish all good luck on their claims process, and still going to keep my fingers crossed that I see an outcome before my Gathering Dust status becomes Is Dust.

Peace out.

Mark

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use