Rate this question

tmoe

Question

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Pete 53, I have started researching the SSA web. I started regular SSA at 62 and have read I still have time to file for SSDI until 6 months before I reach regular retirement age (66), so I think I will get started. My RO is on a wait time of 1400 days on NODs. The Indy RO has 18,000 with 14000 > 125 days. And the secretary is totally clueless on what is going on.

SSD will pay the full benefit instead of the smaller amount for early retirement. File today don't wait.

Majority of the people who work at the Houston Regional office are DVs. Mind you every trip I make to that place, workers are constantly going in and out of the Canteen. They walk around with no urgency talking and joking with co-workers.

Maybe someone needs to put a foot up where the sun doesn't shine, or better yet fire them..

But again, it is lack of proper supervision and job security that lets them get away with this. I guess the amount of claims they have to do per day is pretty low. Have lots of time to kill goofing off.

Hello All,,,,

Yes the SSDI should be gone after for the Veteran that is disabled , but A WORD OF Caution. If a Veteran gets too sick and does not pay into Social Security for 5 years in a row, he or she is INELIGIBLE for SSDI..... This happened to me and had a law group on it. They prepared everything and did it but warned me the Social Security would turn it down. Now I am just starting my early retirement . Even though I had paid into the system for a long , long time and had PLENTY OF QUARTERS ....the law and their rule about missing 5 years in a row puts a sick Veteran out the door on SSDI. And the Veteran has no choice but to file at 62 or wait until the 66 or 67 year time period for Social Security benefits.

These folks are not as bad as the VA , but they change the laws to their benefit.

Also an interesting thought about those Cold Weather fires that Rich brought up and I had forgotten. I could not understand why the fires in the Tundra burned for years until I got to Fort Greely and witnessed it first hand. The fires are burning under the Tundra and just above the Perma Frost. So the fire fighters go out by helicopters and such and the Air Force and the Army would launch all out wars to put them out. They thought they got them but the fires never go out really and burn under the Tundra ,,,,out of sight , and they thought they got them put out. But they would REAPPEAR in sometimes a week or two or even a half year or more. Totally blew me away how the fires did this.

Check out this fire in 1999. like to burned the whole reservation and Fort Greely up. Huge problem especially with the bombing ranges going all the time . Also read some of the captions and the fires popping up after they were put out.

http://www.deltanewsweb.com/archives/donnelly_dome_fire.htm CHECK OUT THE FIRES IN 99

When I was there in the early 70s the fires were all year long and just burned until efforts to "put" them out ...only to pop up again and in totally different areas because they burn underground and out of site . Really a wild place. Happens all over the tundra.

Anyway back to the Social Security ..... a Veteran should make sure they put something in the system or the minimum sometime within a 5 year period,,, and not let the wound , injury or disease put them to where they cannot work. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

Looking at this map, it would appear that the smaller ROs are processing with better efficiency. Take Oregon, all claims go to Portland. Maybe this is a factor, maybe not. It is the administrative level of the DVA processing these claims that is responsible. I suspect MOST of the actual workers put in an honest effort with the tools and instructions that they receive. But, possibly less employees at more locations would be the answer. (Less opportunity for potlucks delaying processing, LOL.) I have a simple dependency claim now over 10 months waiting to add my wife to my claim that was settled last year. All required documents are there and show that they have them. Been in the Decision Waiting approval for around 6 months now. A click on the computer would likely resolve it. It is once again "past due" with the thanks for your patience message. I know many other claims deserve priority treatment but for me, this added allowance is important to my budget. I feel for the younger Vets with children who could really use this money as well. What a bunch of nonsense this is! Due process mentioned above does not apply to these people. I was just told Friday by my DAV Rep (what a mistake to have HIM) that Portland has instructions to clear claims over 2 years before completing claims like mine. I put another inquiry into IRIS to ask if the DAV's information is accurate, not expecting a solid answer there either. The old wheel that squeaks gets the grease is not applicable because Vets have been complaining to every ear possible with little to no relief! Thank you VERY much for your service! When I say it, I mean it. When the DVA says it they do not!

Hello All,,,,

Yes the SSDI should be gone after for the Veteran that is disabled , but A WORD OF Caution. If a Veteran gets too sick and does not pay into Social Security for 5 years in a row, he or she is INELIGIBLE for SSDI..... This happened to me and had a law group on it. They prepared everything and did it but warned me the Social Security would turn it down. Now I am just starting my early retirement . Even though I had paid into the system for a long , long time and had PLENTY OF QUARTERS ....the law and their rule about missing 5 years in a row puts a sick Veteran out the door on SSDI. And the Veteran has no choice but to file at 62 or wait until the 66 or 67 year time period for Social Security benefits.

These folks are not as bad as the VA , but they change the laws to their benefit.

Also an interesting thought about those Cold Weather fires that Rich brought up and I had forgotten. I could not understand why the fires in the Tundra burned for years until I got to Fort Greely and witnessed it first hand. The fires are burning under the Tundra and just above the Perma Frost. So the fire fighters go out by helicopters and such and the Air Force and the Army would launch all out wars to put them out. They thought they got them but the fires never go out really and burn under the Tundra ,,,,out of sight , and they thought they got them put out. But they would REAPPEAR in sometimes a week or two or even a half year or more. Totally blew me away how the fires did this.

Check out this fire in 1999. like to burned the whole reservation and Fort Greely up. Huge problem especially with the bombing ranges going all the time . Also read some of the captions and the fires popping up after they were put out.

http://www.deltanewsweb.com/archives/donnelly_dome_fire.htm

When I was there in the early 70s the fires were all year long and just burned until efforts to "put" them out ...only to pop up again and in totally different areas because they burn underground and out of site . Really a wild place. Happens all over the tundra.

Anyway back to the Social Security ..... a Veteran should make sure they put something in the system or the minimum sometime within a 5 year period,,, and not let the wound , injury or disease put them to where they cannot work. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Hey CC When I was there in the late 70's in the MANCHUS we went over to greely area to fight a fire on a mountain side and in the tundra. Our Bn. Commander called a Bn. formation and gave a speach like we were going to war saying things like some of you may get seriously injuried and some even may die but we must succed in our mission, never mentioning the fire until last. then we all had a flash class on how to survive a fire in tundra As a team of three the point man was to poke the ground to insure no one fell into onr of those underground fires because if you did that would be your grave because you would be consumed in a underground furnace. Not to mention walking, sleeping and living on the tundra for three weeks, what a good memory,lol. Good times, Rich!biggrin.png

Edited by Ridehard2208

Hey all, I just recieved an e-mail from the VA stating they know my claim is over two years but it is now being case managed. What in the world does that mean? Anybody have any Ideas, Thanks Rich!

Edited by Ridehard2208