Ask Your VA Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Are The Results Of C&p Exam Sent To The Veteran?

Rate this question

Ridehard2208

Question

Hey All, I have looked at several posts looking for info about results of the C&P exam being sent to the Veteran and how long it takes if so? Some post seem to hint at it being so but not how long it takes. Any info about this would be greatly appreciated. Some of you that have read some of my posts know my wife is a stage 3 hodgkins survivor 20yrs ago, I lost ny job and went on SSDI 2 yrs ago and started a new claim for increased eval and durning wait added new info to include TPIU due to S/C injuries I rhought would not affect me until old age and finanically set up, Which has gone south since 1986 due to my and my wifes' health problems. So now very close to loosing house and auto w/o more income. Well just got wifes' biopsy result back today and now has breast cancer and already behind on medical bills and have already been gathering dust phase for 27 mos. now and have had two C&P exams and would like to know how the VA is being informed by C&P examiners, I have been tring to stay positive for my wife, but after finding out today our transportation is going to set us back over 1,000.00 to get fixed also. Any info positive or negitive will be appericated so at least I'll know where I stand!

Thanks your pal in the WWW for Vets ( World Wide War for Vets) Rich!biggrin.png

Boredom is a state of the imagination, as long as you have the ability to think, you will always have something to do !!

Like a bug in a jar, no matter where you go there you are!biggrin.png

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Rich - sorry to hear of your problems! The VA will release copies of your C&P exam results, if you request them and sign a release to get them but won't just send them to you because they feel like being "nice." As for how long it takes, it can be a week to a couple of months but usually within a few wks.

Also, you can contact your local Veteran Service Orgs (DAV, VFW, VVA, AL, etc) for one time cash assistance. They all have programs to help vets and their families when they're down.

pr

If your C&P exam was done by a VAMC (Veterans Affairs Medical Center) you should be able to go down to the Release of Information section and they will generally print out a copy (exception would be medical situations that need doctor to clear release - usually psychiatric).

Hopefully soon something will happen in your life that will help (you are dealing with a lot)!

Keep up the Fire!!!

Is it true the unofficial Manchu motto is work hard, play hard, Stay........:-)

Rich - sorry to hear of your problems! The VA will release copies of your C&P exam results, if you request them and sign a release to get them but won't just send them to you because they feel like being "nice." As for how long it takes, it can be a week to a couple of months but usually within a few wks.

Also, you can contact your local Veteran Service Orgs (DAV, VFW, VVA, AL, etc) for one time cash assistance. They all have programs to help vets and their families when they're down.

pr

If your C&P exam was done by a VAMC (Veterans Affairs Medical Center) you should be able to go down to the Release of Information section and they will generally print out a copy (exception would be medical situations that need doctor to clear release - usually psychiatric).

Hopefully soon something will happen in your life that will help (you are dealing with a lot)!

Keep up the Fire!!!

Is it true the unofficial Manchu motto is work hard, play hard, Stay........:-)

Hay Philip and 71M10 Thank you so very much for your feedback and advice you make the world better for everyone you touch I will heed your advice when at VAMC on the 17th. Philip I will look into the financial assistance tomorrow, as for your question 71M10 YES for my time with at least and as to your Keep up the Fire,MANCHU BROTHER, MANCHU!! Also God Bless Both of You !! Rich!biggrin.png

Edited by Ridehard2208

Boredom is a state of the imagination, as long as you have the ability to think, you will always have something to do !!

Like a bug in a jar, no matter where you go there you are!biggrin.png

Alas, I was not a Manchu, 6/37th FA Uijonbu Korea, "on the minute"! We had a butterbar that refered to us a minutemen.....that lasted less than a minute!

Q: What is the difference between and 2nd Lt and a PV2? A: the PV2 was promoted!

Ridehard2208, sorry to hear you're going through so much. We're all rooting for you and at least supporting you in our hearts. 71M10 and PR got it right about the vso assistance and the C&P results, and definitely on point about the va not interested in playing nice. Wish you and yours the best brother.

An avidity to punish is always dangerous to liberty. It leads men to stretch, to misinterpret and to misapply even the best of laws. He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.- Thomas Paine.

"In reply to the detractors of Thomas Paine claiming he was an infidel and a radical who did nothing but tear down established and hallowed institutions without building up anything valuable in their place, I quote Robert G. Ingersoll in his immortal epitaph to that grand defender of liberty and reason- "Is it nothing to make men wipe the dust from their swollen knees, the tears from their blanched and furrowed cheeks? Is it a small thing to (rid) the heavens of an (insatiable) monster and write upon the eternal dome, glittering with stars, the grand word- FREEDOM ...Is it a small thing to make men truly free- to destroy the dogmas of ignorance, prejudice, and power- the poisoned fables of superstition, and drive from the beautiful face of the earth the fiend of fear?...a few more years- a few more brave men- a few more rays of light, and mankind will venerate the memory of him who said: Any system of religion that shocks the mind of a child cannot be a true system... The world is my country, and to do good my religion". That man is my hero.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ridehard, You should ask the VA to expedite the claim as a hardship.

Did you have your C and C exam at VA hospital or QTC facility. I hope it was VA. If QTC you may not get a copy as it is nearly impossible to get one from the RO.

Hang in there.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.