Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success!

Rate this topic

Lady Sailor

With the help of a very competent DAV rep and despite numerous errors of the RO I have been upgraded to 100+ percent! We went the DBQ route in September to relook at one of my disabilities. In December received a letter from the VA and it sort of/ kind of shot me down. What I mean by that is the cover letter said that there wasn't enough new evidence to support an increase. Turn over a few pages and it said I met the criteria for an increase to 100%. That's where the great DAV guy comes in to play. He personally walked into the VARO to find out what was going on. He called me bright and early and told me I was awarded 100%. That was on Monday, 07 Jan. Latest Ebennies status was notification. Ebennies isn't cooperating since yesterday for me so I have to be patient. Sigh...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is GREAT news!!!!!

Glad to know your rep was so proactive.

VA is making MANY mistakes these days in their decisions.

Your retro $$$ might hit your bank account before the formal VA letter arrives.

I am new to this forum, and decided to check out some success stories in order to keep my hopes up. I am glad to read that you had some positive results. It is easy to get discouraged reading many of the other topics. It seems there is more battling with the VA for earned benifts than VETS recieving the help they earned.

Can anyone shed light on the ebenits website problems? It has not worked at all for me, but I have read that other VETS are able to use the site.

Lady,

Congrats

I am new to this forum, and decided to check out some success stories in order to keep my hopes up. I am glad to read that you had some positive results. It is easy to get discouraged reading many of the other topics. It seems there is more battling with the VA for earned benifts than VETS recieving the help they earned.

Can anyone shed light on the ebenits website problems? It has not worked at all for me, but I have read that other VETS are able to use the site.

Welcome,

Check our ebenefits forum.

Congratulations to you "Lady" ~ sounds like your rep really kept you informed. It can be a harrowing experience, the wait and anticipation, I understand this all too well as many do here.

Good for you for sticking it out....

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use