• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success!

Rate this topic

Lady Sailor

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations. It is so wonderful that you have one of the few Dav reps that helps by checking your status and gets deeply involved. For the most part, service officers only help by filing, and that is as far as they get involved.

One of my DAV service officers at the VA told me I was wasting my time to get anything other than 10%. For some reason I am now rated 70%(I pat my self on the back) as I have learned how to do this on my own.

You should really thank your DAV that helped you. Now if all the other service officers would follow suit we would be so ever grateful.

Thank you very much everyone. My DAV rep told me the big mistake I made that many of the other older vets make too is not going after the increase sooner because so many of us waited until we really needed the assistance and that makes it harder. I have 10% for hearing, 10% for tinnitus and 100% for thyroid. Finally this week, was approved for dependent pay too and that took a few days short of a year. You have to just keep after them and be persistent. Reading many of the posts here helped to keep me motivated.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use