Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peripheral Neruorpathy Support Group And Cases That Have Been Won

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

Hello All,

I wanted to post this as many of our members are dealing with Peripheral Neuropathy which is especially connected to Agent Orange. The website is important because of cases that have gone before the VA and these examples show powerful examples of individual claims that did get awarded.

It also opens up some support for us that deal with this disease everyday and hopefully will help those in need of answers or trying to fight the battle with the illegal laws VA uses to deny AO and PN associated claims. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

http://www.neuropathysupportnetwork.org/pdfs/Sample-Legal-Documents-Veterans-Agent-Orange.pdf

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yeah Chuck, the VA must adjudicate and rate SC PAD separately from PN.

Dr. Bash was first Dr to diagnose my husband's PAD. His PN was rated as diminished loss of use of extremities and warranted my SMC CUE claim award under 100% P & T plus 60% (I asked them to CUE that however)

I should re open the PAD under 1151 (no time limit on those claims ) but I have enough coals in the fire now.

Back the mid 80's started seeing doctor's about the pains running down legs. After all the privite doctor's, and they came up with sciatic nerve problems in both legs. My main primary doctor also notice that my sugar had been increasing over last few years to the point of diabetes II.

In Apirl 2010 VA gave me service connection for diabetes mellitus type II from Agent Orange at 20%. At the same time they gave me PN 60% left leg, 40% right leg, and 10% in both hands.

Three years later in 2013, and these conditions in my legs and hands have lonely got worst. I have trip and fallen down in the last year 3 times and losing control of body function. I have had to increase my pain med's to 600mg of Lyrica, 15mg Morphine per day.

As you can see last year having another Heart attack and plus the PN problem. Forget the Prostate cancer, Lymph node cancer,DMII and the PN is giving me hell.

Capt. Contaminate, I will never give up.

God Bless, Ralph

SP4,,,Ralph,,,,you and I have quite alot in common,,,,AO is just one of the contaminates that has started this disaster with my health. The Peripheral Neuropathy is the worst and the others Ischemic heart disease , Atherosclerosis, Carotid artery disease, Rheumatoid Arthertist, Inflammatory bowel disease, Immune system problems, COPD, Restricted Lung Disease, Pulmonary Hypertension, Edema, Dry Eyes, loss of motor function, Skin problems, Tinnitus, hearing loss, Depression and Anxiety from the constant pain. Yes ,having the heart attack did not help you or I at all so our main goal is to wait and get our claims adjudicated and outlast them. And if you decide to give up , I will have to remind you that you cannot or will not ever ever ......NEVER GIVE UP..God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

My first doctor at the VA who I take credit for improving his knowledge and speaking of the English language would not diagnose my DMII until he had one year of high sugar readings. Then since the PN had already started and I continued to hound him on the AO connection did he finally say I MAY have a problem. EMG's were abnormal and the PN was starting in my hands. One time at a local golf course another couple and my wife and I went to play minuture golf. I lost my balance and did this wonderful dancing act over half the course. My buddy wanted to know what that was all about. Now the PN has me on gabapentin daily X 2, metformin, and the underlying overlay of DPN is in my wrists. I must wear foot and lower leg braces (called afo's) and I need a cane. Now they think I have osteoporosis. I was rated at 10 percent on the PN. I have a claim for IU and I will most likely end up in a wheelchair. It does not get better. To quote my PN doctor at VA. Its only going to get worse. I fully understand the depression link, because I am starting to give in to that. I have zero energy and my legs are burning, tingling, and the pain in my toes and tops of my feet are terrible. When I walk by a piece of furniture or bed I give a wide berth, knowing that if I stumble into that piece of whatever I will be crying for twenty minutes over the pain.

Hey CC thanks for the info like john I lost my job of 26yrs due mostly to my PN no diabetes cause of PN unknown but supected to be cause knees and Lt. shoulder injuries in service I take 3600mg gabapentin, 45mg morphine, and 20 mg oxycodone daily for pain and still experience about pain level 5 24/7 not to mention the sever burning of my legs so I can only wear shorts 365 a yr. (the looks and comments I get in the winter) also no covers or sheets on my lower half at night also i can only wear filp flops so the leg jumping and toe twitching gets a lot if looks also. PN is a large part of my claim so again thanks fro the info.

Rich!

Edited by Ridehard2208

Hello Ride and Indy,

I know exactly what you are going thru. I have it in all four extremeties for over 15 yrs and not service connected yet for it. It is crippling depressive,,,extremely painful and dangerous to our health. I am just glad that I have posted something that could help someone.

I have had a Hot tub for over 3 years and it was prescribed by my Neurologist and VA podiatrist. It gives me alittle relief before I go to bed and during the day when I am having a tough one.

I was on Neurontin,,,Gabepentin like you'll were but ....I was having serious reactions to it and they discontinued it . I am on Hydrocodone but it is only a matter of time before stronger pain meds will be issued.

Being seen for Depression because of the pain from it is as real as it gets and I know what each one of you is going thru.

There are NO cures as you both know and it only gets worse.......

I too am on very restricted foot wear........ white cotton socks and flip flops due to being assessed as HIGH RISK and Podiatry orders. No this is no fun and it takes another PN person to be able to know exactly what you are going thru. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.