VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Would Like To Know If I Qualify For Smc And Which One Approx.?

Rate this topic

I am currently 100% TDIU with smc (K) for Deformity of the Penis which is rated at 0%

I have Lumbosacral or cervical strain 10%

PTSD 70%

Vertebral fracture or dislocation 20%

Hiatal Hernia 10%

My symptoms have not improved and have only gotten worse especially my PTSD w Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, Insomnia etc. Also I have stomach problems and I was told by a doctor in California it could be CVS (cyclic vomiting syndrome) I vomit almost everything I eat , I suffer from stomach pains, and Also I need the aid and assistance of my mother daily to take care of hygiene , To eat properly, To use the bathroom, and because my PTSD is bad enough to where I cannot focus on what I am doing such as crossing the road, I don't pay attention and have escaped being hit several times , She is also taking care of my finances I cannot deal with any amount of money. I am mostly sad or angry , cry almost daily , I lose track of my mind , when I have bouts of vomiting it empties my stomach then I dry heave until the Nausea goes away... My back is also hurting really bad. I have more to say but cannot go into too much detail as that would take me hours to do , I have medical evidence and service treatment records with these illnesses .

Thank You for reading this.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You don't have the percentages now for a SMC. You need a total rating or IU on a single issue like you have with the PTSD and a separate rating of 60 percent totaled by VA math.

Question, are you getting 10 percent for cervical and lumbar strain or are you getting 10 percent for cervical and 10 percent for lumbar?

If you are getting 10 percent for both, that is a NO NO and that decision was clear and unmistakeable error because the cervical and lumbar are different body segements and the regs require separate ratings for each.

J

I am currently 100% TDIU with smc (K) for Deformity of the Penis which is rated at 0%

I have Lumbosacral or cervical strain 10%

PTSD 70%

Vertebral fracture or dislocation 20%

Hiatal Hernia 10%

My symptoms have not improved and have only gotten worse especially my PTSD w Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, Insomnia etc. Also I have stomach problems and I was told by a doctor in California it could be CVS (cyclic vomiting syndrome) I vomit almost everything I eat , I suffer from stomach pains, and Also I need the aid and assistance of my mother daily to take care of hygiene , To eat properly, To use the bathroom, and because my PTSD is bad enough to where I cannot focus on what I am doing such as crossing the road, I don't pay attention and have escaped being hit several times , She is also taking care of my finances I cannot deal with any amount of money. I am mostly sad or angry , cry almost daily , I lose track of my mind , when I have bouts of vomiting it empties my stomach then I dry heave until the Nausea goes away... My back is also hurting really bad. I have more to say but cannot go into too much detail as that would take me hours to do , I have medical evidence and service treatment records with these illnesses .

Thank You for reading this.

I'd sure be checking more into the vomiting issue as it effects your nutrition.

There has to be something to treat it properly.

Anyways, since the vomiting issue does not currently have an exact diagnosis

and it is not service connected - then it currently will not be considered as a

reason for any increase in benefits.

JMHO

As far as SMC S, there are two roads to get there. 100 % plus another 60 percent is one, and another is housebound in fact.

Most other SMC's are "loss of use". Do you have loss of use or need aid and attendance? As already stated, it does not sound like you meet statutary requirements, but you can still get SMC for loss of use "in fact". This normally means the doc says you have loss of use of an arm, leg, etc.

I am sort of stuck on this part :

“Deformity of the Penis which is rated at 0%”

“Diagnostic Code 7522 provides a 20 percent rating for deformity
of the penis with loss of erectile power. 38 C.F.R. § 4.115b,
Diagnostic Code 7522. “

The key wording to loss of erectile power is that the penis 'bends'
and intercourse cannot occur.