Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Backlog: 'we Have A Fix'

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This AM on Fox News ,Navy Commander John Wells,(RET.) ,who many of you might know as Lawyer,advocate and member of Blue Water Navy VVA, and who has given testimony to the H VAC in the past, questioned what I and many here I am sure, have been silently questioning this entire busy holiday weekend, the so called 279 days it takes for a claim to be decided by the VA.They have been saying this figure even on Headline News I think last week too...

That figure is being bandied about in the media like it is a fact when the reality is some claims (FDCs) for example and other claims that seem relatively easy, might get a decision in 279 days or less but we have claimants in the USA who have waited for YEARS for a resolve.

I wonder why someone doesnt get on the media and tell them that a claim could take 279 days or less, for a DENIAL that has to be fought over with VA for years.

My CUE claim took 8 EIGHT years and my DMII death claim took 6 years because, although the evidence was clearly probative and VA had it all right from the git go, there was no one at my VARO willing to, or literate enough to even read my stuff.

That is 14 years total ,for a claimant, on 2 different issues,and the claims were awarded down the road, so obviously they could have been awarded years sooner,.as the evidence was still probative the day they awarded, as it was the day they got the claims.

Why aren't vets protesting this 279 day BS more ?????

I am emailing Fox News the BVA Annual report.....It reflects not only how many claims need to be appealed (extending that 279 days) but also how many claims have to be remanded for a “Re Do” of what the VA at the RO level didnt do right the first time.

I am appalled at the fact that VA is getting strong media attention on the backlog, at least on some cable channels, and as John said this AM to Fox, he is one of those vets affected by the backlog, and others should get on the bandwagon too with Fox or Headline News to correct this idea that the 'wait time' is 279 days

when it could actually become ,as it did in my CUE claim, at least 2,764 days.

i'm with you on this, who do i write at Foxnews? you got email for them and i'll write too and list my protest and the years it took in my case and still cleaning up loose ends

Autumn , I sent my email as Re: Gretchen's interview early this AM with Commander Wells.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

If anyone is interested:

For Comments, Suggestions and Concerns

Phone: 888-369-4762

E-Mail: yourcomments@foxnews.com

I am sure they will repeat the interview and it is probably at Fox News video.

I sent them a detailed email with a link to the BVA 2012 Report to Congress.

As the BVA report says, a remand ( a Re do.... I told Fox... of what the VA didnt do right in the first place) adds an average of 445 days to the estimated 279 days....

that might be a time frame for a decision that is in fact a DENIAL...... a point the media is failing to get.

gee, my eye-to-brain pathways getting worse, i didn't even see this prior to asking you. my apologies.

i just emailed Commander Wells site, i'll email to that address you posted too.

I think Fox needs to interview Berta and other on here. I know they would get a lot of correct infor other than what the VA or the Govnt is spitting out. The wait that long is appalling. I agree with one of the poster on here ,if we are to take a cut, damn all of congress and the staff of POTUS needs to be cut. and no more vacations on our back.

• HadIt.com Elder

They are going to award all claims in one week to fix the backlog.

April Fools.

They dont want to fix it. This C F was designed to do this.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.