Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Evidence

Rate this question

dsgsr

Question

We never know how many veterans we help with the infomation this site provides, but if we were successful with our claims we know they can be won. We owe it to others to help them. We will never knon the full extent of where agent orange was used or how long its effect will affect other people. During a C&P exam at the Nashville Tn va the docter told me the other agents used were ten times more toxit than agent orange and the government dosen't even want to discusse it. So maybe agent onange isn't the big problem but the other chemiical used are. This problem could be around for generations to come. I have stuided and been trained in the hazards of chemicals and all chemicals are toxit when used improperely.

I read that article you posted dsgsr and I could not believe that in the 60's this was going on. In the mid 60's I was playing baseball and basketball, cruzzin the dog and suds and having no idea in 1969 after graduation from high school I was spending my senior trip in southeast asia. At 19, I witnessed things I will never forget. But I will never forgive this country for the betrayal they have inflicted on the United States military veteran who served in Vietnam.

• HadIt.com Elder

And what makes you think that the problems are unique to Vietnam?

Perhaps the most unique part was that the government (with a heck of a lot of screaming and kicking over about forty years)

finally started grudgingly admitting there was a serious problem. As I remember, It was virtually buried until a relative (son?) of Admiral Zumwalt's

( Admiral Elmo Russell "Bud" Zumwalt, Jr.) (One time CNO) came down with a rare form of cancer.

How many WWII veterans had medical problems due to DDT, Asbestos, and other various toxic chemicals?

We'll never know, but I'd bet the government did, at least before the information was buried by time and disinterest.

The chief advantage veteran's have now over past veterans is, well, the internet! The availability of information mushroomed,

and has forced the VA into a very defensive position. Access to the politicians has also improved, although results are still poor.

Chuck, thanks for reminding us all that Admiral Zumwalt's son's disability opened a door that the Gov sure wanted to keep closed.

Admiral Zumwalt ,7th Fleet Pacific,for all Vietnam historian affectionados out there, redesignated the 3rd MARDIV as the 1st MARDIV when the Marines went into Vietnam for Ops Starlight and Rolling Thunder. My husband was 1st MARDIV Amphibious Tracktor Battalion Vietnam July 1965 and, due to the fact that Marines are amphibious, they all had to depart from the small amtracks that left the big ship and wade onto the shore of DaNang harbor.

He said it was just like Normandy in the movies, to them while waiting to get packed into the amtracks and they all thought they were going to die as soon as they hit the beach.

There was not a single incident of gunfire when they landed on the shore however.

The biggest shock was the smell of Vietnam.

But within days they took on incoming.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

It's a long ago story, but I was actually in the water at Da Nang. Both in the bay and in the river at the LST ramp at the foot of a bridge.

LST's are a ship that can actually have it's bow on land, and roll vehicles from the cargo hold to a beach or bank. The one I was on was a Korean war vintage ship, with all the hazmat issues of that era.

I have been trying to get some info on a us air base Goose bay Labrador on agent orange and purple. I think its a commercial airport these days was there tdy in the mid seventies. Seems to me they were spraying every where from New Brunswick up north. It seems I have some type of herbicide exposure and did not serve in VN.