VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims Flowing Throuigh The Va, We Need A Chart.

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

Guest jstacy

We need to gather information and put it together, I would be happy to summarize it.

What we need for the vets at Hadit is a process flow for a claim. The VARO must have one for I believe it is required. for example. Recipt of claim. where does it go, then next, next, next, and so on and so on.

This way a vet can ask the VA where a claim is and look the information up and determine what stage the claim is in in being adjuducated.

Any ideas are appreciated.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

This is really nice; but I agree; lots of variables. maybe we can have simple "guide" chart (What to expect) then a more detailed (Possible Variables). My old military office was shy about printing, thinking printed matter = "official policy". Idea, - Hadit probably Hold Harmless Disclaimer on each page?cg out on the range

jstacy,

It is simplified if you make it so. All you need to do is break down the main tasks as to what happens when a claim is received at VA and who gets it and where it goes from there towards a claim decision. For example below:

b. The VSC Teams The table below describes the functions of the six specialized VSC teams that comprise a typical VSC Organization.

Team Functions

Triage • reviews and controls all mail, and

• processes actions which can be completed without the claim folder, or which may require brief review of the claim folder to verify eligibility

Pre-Determination • develops for evidence for rating issues, and

• prepares administrative decisions

Rating makes decisions on claims that require consideration of medical evidence

Post- Determination • develops for evidence for non-rating issues

• processes awards, and

• notifies claimants of decisions

Appeals handles decisions with which claimants have formally disagreed

Public Contact handles personal interviews and telephone inquiries

Reference: For information on the VSC Organization use at the Pension Maintenance Centers, see M21-1MR, Part V, Subchapter iv, 1.3.

It starts with Triage, then Post -Determination team, then Post Determination Team, and if necessary Appeals Team. Public contact team handles personal interviews and telephone inquiries.

Not complicated at all. 5 item flow chart. Use the information in the Service Center Policy, not verbatum, use what you need and put it in laymans language.