Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Won I Think

Rate this topic

vet12

I agree, its not wise to tell people if you are awarded benefits unless you really want to know who your real friends are. Just say you are retired and have been a good money manager. It works for me.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear about your victory! I just have to comment about mentioning a disability rating to others. A good friend of mine was talking recently about people using the system, and getting food stamps, unemployment, etc., and I said something that I had never used the system, and had always worked for everything I got. He looked at me and said: "You use the system every month when the VA sends you a check." He was the last person I would have expected that of. If looks could have killed, he would have been dead. I guess disabilities including Ischemic Heart Disease, PTSD, Prostate Cancer, Diabetes, and who knows what else don't count in his book as disabled. For what my health is like, I've earned every penny of the disabilty and then some. Now, if anybody asks, I just say that I was very lucky on my retirement benefits. Once again, congrats on your victory and best of everything for you and yours.

Buckeye46

Yeah I think that's what I might say. Weird but sad. But heh, I remind myself constantly since the news. I have my foot in the door. I got some of the benefits that I earned. I have a good start to a support group on here. I am starting to see things in a better light.

So it's official, monetarily anyways. The benefit hit my account. I was hoping the VA letter would have been here by now, however, from posts here I am not surprised. I honestly feel some vindication. It has been a while since I have been content, even cracking a few more smiles. One step at time, one right after another. In any case this weather has had me kind of bummed and the struggle to get service connection on some of my issues hasn't help much either, however, days are starting to look better. Keep strong my fellow brothers and sisters. Show the same resolve and dedication that you showed in service.

p.s. I know I must sound corny, however, it is sincere.

Congrats amg11, Glad to hear that you are finally getting was has been well over due to you.

By the way, you don't sound corny, cause it's coming from the heart, and that's how we veterans roll, from the heart.

Aggie

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use