Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Painful Process Ends In Some $Uccess...

Rate this topic

SergeantQ

@ The Blaze...i'm sorry to read they don't pay both retired and smc pay. That's messed up. It's two totally different things. Im sorry. I hope you are making it inspite of that circumstance.

Thadine Q.

Hello Hadit Family,

So, as promised, attached is my “Rating Decision and Comp and Pen exam” letter(s).

Again, to recap, my claim was submitted in Dec 2010 for back and shoulder pain… It was denied a year later. It's been in appeal since Dec 2011. The information was clearly documented in my service record; however, on some level, I think I was denied because after I separated from the military I started going to civilian doctors. However, I did have a few statements from my VA doctor who provided a favorable professional opinion of my condition. She also mentioned how I managed the pain mostly on my own after military service (self medicating, over the counter, working through the pain) and while my primary external physician did contest to my pain and also provided documentation of my complaints and doctor visits, it was not enough to award my claim. Please see attached! QUICK Comp and Pen exam.pdf

FYI I had to remove my decision since it had personal info on it.

Edited by Thadine

Thadine Q.

I read the Decision Letter. You just need an IMO to ESTABLISH the issues..JMHO...

On the C&P exam report it stated you only had ONE complaint of back pain. Is this correct?

Edited by rpowell01

On the C&P exam report it stated you only had ONE complaint of back pain. Is this correct?

Yes that is correct. My service records only referenced these conditions once but it was a training exercise in basic training that sat me on the bench for several days. Over the years it has gotten progressively worse. I have some regrets on how I handled this and I think if I truly understood that my self-medicating and dealing with this issue on my own may have hurt me in the long run. They teach you not to complain and suck it up so looking back, I think i may have over compensated; including hiding how much pain I was in so that I didn't get recycled which in the end is coming back to haunt me.

Agree that a simple IMO could Change The low Back condition. Jmho

Thanks, I hope so. I will check into in.

Check your social In headers and footers in rating decision. Need to be redacted.
Okay, I thought I removed that info.

Thadine Q.

Congratulations on what You have achieved so far-keep up the good fight and don't stop fighting untill You are satisfied - My first claim scored Me a big donut and the second time arround I was awarded a big 0% service connected -hang in there. : )

Edited by Harley-1
uploaded_70725001942aa6734990be.gif

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use