Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Waiting, Claim Transferred, Still Waiting

Rate this question

westcoastlv

Question

So, in checking EBenefits, it shows that PTSD claim open since 08/2011 (granted 05/2012 with TDIU deferred) has been shuffled to Philly, where supposedly they have a lighter claim load. However, it has been sitting there for 2 months, with a new notation that the claim is VBMS (completely electronic). It seems sorta ridiculous to me that the claim would be sent elsewhere just to sit there too! The VA can't even claim that it's lost in the sauce because it's electronic. This claim is nearly 2 years old, and I wonder if they restarted the timeclock on the TDIU (05/12) just so they can let it sit and gather dust until 2014. SMDH!!!!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Looks like your just venting and no question. Go fishing or spend time with the family or play checkers! It will be done when it is done. Most of all do not fret it you are just going to have to wait a little bit longer.

Good luck!

Stillhere

my claim was opened in jan 2007, increase from %40 to %80 in july 2012 (yup took 12 months to get denied then took years for the appeal... the almost 6 year retro was nice thou) TDUI deffered as well, also VBMS, and sitting in seattle where I have found others with newer TDIU claims have already got their claims back in SEATTLE that filed after me!

A guy on another forum whos claim for TDUI was also in seattle, just got awarded in june and he filed his TDIU 2-3 months after me... and my whole damn claim is over 6 years old... also had I not left a 18 month gap from 2005 to 2007, this claim would be 10 years old!

and yes, TDIU deffered... even on an old claim... kinda starts from the date of the award... mine july of 2012, so yours 5/2012, so just a little over a year old sadly, mine only a year old

but in the end, the retro for the effective date, will go to the claimed TDIU, possible the beginning of the whole claim, or when the VA felt you became unfit to work, be it me, was in 2009, that was the last year I made too much income

so we sit and wait

Westcoastlv, mine was done the same way. Mine was farmed out to San Antonio, Tx to expedite after the 80%. Awarded 80% in May 2012, I received the Big Brown Envelope and retro. Tdiu and 3 other contentions were deferred. Tdiu and other C&P exams in July 2012 and then I received the 2nd Big Brown Envelope and more retro in the beginning of October rewarding me IU/P&T. Then ebenefits showed "Administrative Review". And on December 19 2012 the claim was closed and the 3rd Big Brown Envelope arrived and retro on December 24, 2012. The VA had awarded me "Housebound". Monotonous as it may sound about having patience. Quite often "Good Things Come To Those Who Wait". Go fishing, it is very therapeutic. Good Luck To You!

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

Mine was sent from Indy to Augusta ME and still took a year. But like the others said, the retro was nice! Hang in there and just wait them out. Good Luck!

nice your guys was about a year or less, theirs is a little over a year and mine just a year this month... I can wait a little longer but not much, I am going to food banks... even with SSDI and %80, I can't even afford food... sounds sad but times are hard for the fiance, and I am supporting us BOTH, wish we were married... then at least he would be a dependant at like $100 more a month, maybe I could afford not to hit food banks then, or once this TDIU comes in

I cant even afford toothpaste, laundry detergent, ect... waiting to go back to the salvation army and hope to score some

Not at all, Mine was filed January 2011, so more like 17 months....Would have taken longer but I filed for "Hardship". BTW, Welcome to Hadit.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper