Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Almost Over The Edge

Rate this question

Motherof3

Question

I am done. Nightmares increasing again, getting to where I'm checking over my shoulders when I go out, bill collectors driving me crazy, 70% barely pays bills, over drafting to make ends meet, haven't seen therapist since May, no appointments available before September, no female therapist available at VetCenter right now. I've done everything I can. Sick of VA, politicians and everyone else lying about help being available. This is enough to make a person breakdown. I don't have any family here. Even if they could get me in to therapist, I don't even have bus fare! Lord, I didn't make it to 52 years old to fall down now!

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Notorious Kelly is right......I would try the IG if I were you because they will not get involved in claims issues but will get themselves involved in serious patient safety issues.

You need help now....

I am surprised about the DAV vans, as they used to pick up any vet without transportation....then again I live in a rural environment so maybe that is why they do that around here....if they even still do it at all...everything changes....

Motherof 3 you have plenty going for you.....3 children, Courage, and the ability to say it like it is:

"Been doing this since 1997. If I wasn't "disabled" I could conduct some of their sessions without a degree."

I sure bet you could and would be very effective!

And you have insight:

"Probably time to take a break from hadit, eBenefits, myHealthevet, Peggy and Paul (800#), etc."

We understand what you are feeling here at hadit, but it often helps a lot to put down the claims stuff for a while...It can give anyone PTSD,if they dont have it already.

Here is the VA OIG site and they did help a vet here some time ago.....I forget if I had a email addy for them or if he used the Hotline form,or called them.

They squared him away in a heartbeat because they felt it was a serious patient safety issue he had...

I dont know what the IG considers as patient safety issues in every case but it is always worth a try.

And if they contact you but say they cannot help you ,then tell them you will contact the press...

And if you do that,I first advise calling VA Central and asking their media office liason person ( the guy's desk,if it is still Mr. Thomas, is right next to the Secretary's office,

and say you are calling to see where a newspaper could be directed at the VA , to get what you will tell them, confirmed by the VA.

I did this some time ago. forget why... and I got fast results....it got a letter I had sent to Shinseki right on his desk. And then I didnt need to go to the media as my letter was published on line by the H VAC and is also at the VA web site,I recently found out....

Many of us hard core VA claimants here understand exactly how you feel and it saddens and angers us.

It is true that VA needs more MH professionals , and it is due,in my opinion, to their utter lack of foresight when OIF began.

http://www.va.gov/oig/contact/default.asp

• HadIt.com Elder

Many here have been through bad times waiting for VA to do their job. Somehow we got through it and so can you. It will work out its just real hard right now. Hang in there.

Motherof3,

hang in there as the others have said; it can get very overwhelming dealing with this VA system; it will all work out in the end and your 3 angels needs you too.

Make a real good Picket sign and stand in front of your regional office day after day. Enlist others to join in and help. This is the only thing they understand.

• Founder

I do hear you sister and Berta is right sometimes you have to get away from the claims stuff. Have you tried the Veterans Center for a therapist, I go there and only see my pysch doc every so many months for med check. The Veterans Center has been a real life saver for me.

The DAV van service I think really depends on where you are located. The drivers are volunteers and I know it's not always easy for them to fill the need.