Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

So I Received The Proposal To Reduce

Rate this question

Greg88

Question

So the VA sent the Proposal to Reduce my Diabetes Type 2 from 100% to 40%, theirs only 1 problem, I don't have Type 2 I have Type 1. I have been at 100% for the last 15.5 years and 60% before that. I used the VA healthcare for 22 years for my diabetes and then switched to my present private Dr. 17 years ago, I continued to use the VA till 2002 or 2003 for my eye checks. When I went to the C&P exam in Sept. 2012, I brought a DBQ for diabetes filled out by my Dr., a letter from my Dr. explaining my condition and present complications, and that in his opinion it was permanent and total (he is the head of Internal medicine for a big NY hospital) the only evidence that was reviewed was the Medical records going back to 2004 that I brought and the DBQ that I brought. I'm writing up the letter for the hearing, I'll bring it down Monday. I guess that battle begins now for real.

Edited by Greg88

• Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

PR asked the same question I had.

Does your 100% conform to VA's Schedule of ratings for Diabetes Type 1?

Does your 100% rating include all complications that could be at a ratable level?

"When I went to the C&P exam in Sept. 2012, I brought a DBQ for diabetes filled out by my Dr., a letter from my Dr. explaining my condition and present complications, and that in his opinion it was permanent and total (he is the head of Internal medicine for a big NY hospital) the only evidence that was reviewed was the Medical records going back to 2004 that I brought and the DBQ that I brought. I'm writing up the letter for the hearing, I'll bring it down Monday. I guess that battle begins now for real."

They obviously violated 38 CFR 4.6.......at first glance here....

BUT, did the C & P doctor ,himself, fill out a DBQ or state anything else that would show the VA that a VA doctor did give you a C & P exam and an opinion?

Do you have a copy of whatever the VA doctor stated?

Can you scan and attach here, (cover name,address and C file number) the actual proposed reduction as to the VA's Reasons and Bases?

Do you have a vet rep from an org with offices in or near the same VARO building that you deal with?

Hi Berta,

I conform to 100% rating except for the hospital visits part, my wife gives me a shot of Glucagon when I'm unresponsive 2-3 times a month, thats the funny on the ratings, there the exact same as 1970, in diabetes we have progressed a little. what used to hospitalize you does not anymore I have a copy of the C&P, I can scan it but don't know how to edit. My POA are DAV, but I've gotten a lot erroneous information the past 2 years, so I take everything with a grain of salt.

I have a copy of the C&P, I can scan it but don't know how to edit.

If you can't edit it in your computer's program

you can make a copy of it - then blacken out the personal info

and scan that copy

OR tape a little paper over the personal info.

Berta and Carlie, the C&P report was 36 pages long, there was no medical opinion, which after reading other peoples posts I thought was strange. But one interesting thing the that the NP had said yes that the DM does affect my ability to work under the Functioning questions. Carlie what should I put up as far as the C&P it's 36 pages, I scanned the Proposal in and it was 6 pages long and 15 megabytes.