Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused...please Help!

Rate this question

infantry10

Question

My claim says, administrative review on ebenfits. What does that mean? I had my 100% unemployeability but it was taken from me because of a VA mistake and I have now had to reissue everything. Everyone I talk to from my VSO to the regional office say, "we can see it was an error on our behalf and should be done any day now". My claim date on ebenefits says Jan 22. I had to do another C&P exam the first of April and have had all my documents turned in since March. Ebenefits says everything was closed in May but I still haven't received anything other than the phone call I got 2 weeks ago from my VSO saying "any day now". Im stressed and dont know what to do. I have 3 kids going back to school in 2 weeks and another child who has been going to college the past 2 years on ch. 35 but I don't know if he can continue to use ch. 35 or not. If anyone has ever had this happen or has knowledge of this, please let me know. Thanks!!

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I did a IRIS a week ago today but have not had any reply back. How long does it take for them to get in touch with you? It says, "you should hear from VA within 5 days". My question is...do they usually take more than 5 days and what should I do if I dont hear from them?

Stretch...I haven't been given any exact reason other than, Oh looks like we received everything on time and were not sure why it was taken and it will be reinstated any day now. Every person I've talked to has said the same thing. My representative said he hasn't never seen anything like this before. Sorry it took so long to respond to your comment, I've somehow overlooked it.

• In Memoriam

It could just be a mistake like they are telling you. You can only wait this on out.

Please let us know how this turns out.....

Edited by Stretch

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

I guess the only thing I can do is wait it out. It sux but I have no other choice. The bad thing is, I probably won't have anything left when I do get it back. I'm behind on my house now, phone were shut off on the 28th and have disconnects on several other bills. What do they expext a veteran to do when they take over two thousand dollars a month from his check. Its been 7 months and it's gonna be impossible to get myself out of the hole this has put my family in. I will definietly let you know how this turns out. Also, I sent the IRIS on the 22nd and have not got any reply from them at all.

Ohh man!! I sure hope that doesn't happen to you. I know 1st hand how much it affects a vet and family.

Someone told me that when I get mine back to put in a claim for P&T so they wouldn't be able to do that anymore.

You may want to consider the same. Good Luck to you and thanks for letting me know what it was.

Until the claimant's P&T status hit's the 20 years for protection criteria

(except for fraud), it's not carved in stone.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.