• donate-be-a-hero.png

100%+ Smc!

Rate this topic

Motherof3

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PERMANENT & TOTAL YOU GUYS! Got my ID card today. VARO says Retro Deposits were released last night at 5pm and it takes up to 72 hours.

Computer Tech, thank God I had my ID and social security card, but I still had to go to the VA office on post and get Statement of Service Letter because I didn't have my DD214. I also got my Commissary Letter. WHEW JESUS!

• HadIt.com Elder

you should be able to use everything on base except the hospital and you can NOT fly Space A but everything else should be open to your and any dependents you have, you need to check what benefits your state offers disabled veterans, some have college programs for children of 100% vets, some have great tax benefits on homes and cars, just all sorts of things, free fishing or hunting licences , the P&T award is a huge jump and be grateful that was awarded now, many vets have to wait years to get their VARO to grant the P&T award.

Remember this will most likely be the last large check you will ever see again, unless you hit the lottery etc, their will be rainy days, family members and friends will have all sorts of reasons why they really need money and lay guilt trips on you, learn quick to say NO otherwise you will soon be broke and no one will ever pay you back

How much did they help you while you were dealing with the VA and had no income? Take care of you first, you owe no one anything you owe yourself some happiness., congrats stay in treatment and hopefully you won't have to deal with the VARO anymore just the VAMC side of it

think of this as finally getting the government to keep their side of the agreement we made when we enlisted, if we were killed or injured they would care for us or our families, the sad part is no one ever warned us of the new war we would be fighting after surviving the active duty portion, to make them keep their side of the bargain, and no amount of money will make us "whole" again we can't go back to the day before we entered service, our lives were forever changed by military service, the compensation check is supposed to allow us to support our familly's, pain and suffering,, lost wages etc

for me the only good part of this fight with the VA has been meeting the fine veterans here at Hadit where we all seem to have the same problem, getting the VA to read our files properly and grant the proper awards, instead of ignoring us and hoping we will just quit and go away, most of the veterans here have already been in the claim side of the VA and have been short changed or denied despite the evidence being there in the files.

TestVet, thanks for your sound advice. You are so right. People/Family I thought loved me and would have my back, showed me their.........

I almost lost my mind fighting for this and struggling with PTSD at the same time. Once I acknowledged out loud that I needed help, seemed like the dam broke and flood gates opened up and I got worse. And I don't know how to close the gates.

Darn! I CAN NOT fly Space A?

Edited by Motherof3

I am so happy for you Motherof3. I too have 100% P&T, and believe me when I say that I would trade it all back if I could get my good health back. I know I can't and I will never be as healthy as I was before, so we just have to learn to live with it for the rest of our lives. One good thing, is at least we have a fair amount of money coming in which helps put food on our tables, and pay the bills. We will never know what it is to work an 8 or 10 hour day anymore, and believe it or not, but I miss that. Anyway, Congrats, and enjoy as much as you can with your babies.

P.S. TestVet, your comment is so very true....... Thanks for sharing :-) Good luck to you too my friend.

Aggie...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use