Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100%+ Smc!

Rate this topic

Motherof3

Aggie54 you are right. One of my arguments with my doctors has been that i have always prided myself in being healthy and strong mentally and then to be struck with PTSD/MD feels like all of my control has been taken away. You can not explain it like you can a physical illness. so i stopped trying. it feels like a dirty secret. know what i mean? But, with my God i can do all things. I love using my brain and being productive. I am so thankful that I will never have to worry about my livelihood and now I can earnestly focus on getting some sense of normalcy back. I can't wait for that lady to sing chi-Ching money's in the bank. LOL

WE ARE SURVIVORS!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motherof3, word to the wise. When you receive your retro money, and I hope it's very soon, and for some reason you don't get what you are expecting, don't worry. The VA has a thing about paying out a partial amount and withholding a very LARGE amount, Why? your guess is as good as mine :-), But, let me just say this, you will get every red cent they owe you. The reason I say this, is because it happened to me. A couple of months ago I was awarded 100% P&T and only received $11,016, and I said, What the Heck? well I asked a couple of people here, and they were as puzzled as I was. We couldn't understand why they had withhelded over $30,000 dollars. So after a month or so, I just excepted it and let it go. Well, last week I was checking my EBenefits, and BANG, it showed $30,700 being deposited in my bank that day, Oh my God, I can't explain the joy, relief and I don't know what else I felt when I saw that. Ok, I felt VERY HAPPY. So, if for some reason this happens to you don't freak out OK, cause everything will be ok. Just hang in there, and you will have closure, plus a lot of Bucks in the Bank very soon.lol. I am so happy for you. Enjoy, and please try to stay as healthy as you can for your babies.

Aggie :-)

• Founder

TestVet, thanks for your sound advice. You are so right. People/Family I thought loved me and would have my back, showed me their.........

I almost lost my mind fighting for this and struggling with PTSD at the same time. Once I acknowledged out loud that I needed help, seemed like the dam broke and flood gates opened up and I got worse. And I don't know how to close the gates.

Darn! I CAN NOT fly Space A?

Motherof3 - Take time each day to tell yourself this is real and spend a moment feeling the relief. You may feel a bit of a let down this is normal, the fight is finally over and you have prevailed, honor the warrior in you. Your faith and your children will help you get through the tough times, now you have the resources to handle an emergency and provide for you and yours. Stay in treatment for your PTSD/MDD until you and your therapist feel you are ready to leave. I am so very happy for you.

Motherof3 Congrats on your win !!!! I know you're going a range of emotions right now but Thank You Jesus for this win. You've been so patient and encouraging of others now what an amazing blessing that's bestowed upon you !!!! :happy: Continue on the path that your on your not done yet. I like you have a couple of contentions that went back to the VARO Atlanta / BVA so congrats and Thank you for sharing I am smiling for you !! :biggrin:

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use