Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When Ssdi Can Nip You In The Bud And Can Hurt Your Iu Claim, My Story!

Rate this question

GlitterPopRock

Question

Please read my 4th and 5th entry posted today 8/28/13

In this topic

:( :(

If I didn't have SSDI they would have just looked solely at my employment history

Instead they looked at ssdi found two things listed they say aren't service connected, (which one is and part of my PTSD) the other was appeal and ruled out already, but said those two things are the only factors to me being unemployable

Yet saying I am unemployable just not service connected

All my ssdi is from just my medical records from va and military and all service connected, the personality was mentioned once by a therapist, and it's haunted me for years, going into yet another appeal for it, I won before when they tried to say my PTSD was only personality disorder, and I'll win again cause it has never existed!

And how can they say they can distinguish which mental disorder effects me working or not, they will take something as small as a migraine on ssdi claims if it isn't service connected and say you are only unemployable for the non service connected stuff just to deny you! Yet everything I got ssdi for was service connected stuff except personality dx, and only ssdi added that, I never claimed it, and my award letter states they only found it in my military record, I don't have it!

Personality disorder will haunt you for life if it's mentioned once in a military record!

Edited by GlitterPopRock

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Please read my 4th and 5th entry posted today 8/28/13

In this topic

:( :(

If I didn't have SSDI they would have just looked solely at my employment history

Instead they looked at ssdi found two things listed they say aren't service connected, (which one is and part of my PTSD) the other was appeal and ruled out already, but said those two things are the only factors to me being unemployable

Yet saying I am unemployable just not service connected

All my ssdi is from just my medical records from va and military and all service connected, the personality was mentioned once by a therapist, and it's haunted me for years, going into yet another appeal for it, I won before when they tried to say my PTSD was only personality disorder, and I'll win again cause it has never existed!

And how can they say they can distinguish which mental disorder effects me working or not, they will take something as small as a migraine on ssdi claims if it isn't service connected and say you are only unemployable for the non service connected stuff just to deny you! Yet everything I got ssdi for was service connected stuff except personality dx, and only ssdi added that, I never claimed it, and my award letter states they only found it in my military record, I don't have it!

Personality disorder will haunt you for life if it's mentioned once in a military record!

Just to let you know, they often do things like that. One day, in my Vets group, the counselor noted in our progress notes that we didn't want to work that day, "meaning work on group PTSD things" and sure enough the adjudicator picked part of that sentence to deny by claim. You can win but you must understand that it's not personal, it's systemic, they do that to everyone. You might want to go to SS and view their records on your claim w/them. Never give up!!! It took me 10 yrs but I won 100% retro to day one. You might want to get an IMO on that PD, stating that you don't have one. The reason they use a PD is that they don't have to pay for that. The key is they accepted you as fit for duty, so it's on them to pay you.

jmo

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

Superb response PR. It IS systemic.

I agree with you that this PD BS in GlitterPopRock's case, could possibly be appealed to the SSA. or maybe better instead with an IMO to the VA because I assume part of the 80% Glitter, is for SC PTSD?

And it is why I always say 'if the SSDI is solely for your SC disabilities' tell them on the TDIU form.

I love your handle.....I once went on a date with so much glitter on the blouse I wore, the guy had to put on sun glasses.....he he ....

If your PTSD is already established as SC by VA, an IMO could not be refused by VA (like it would be for many vets coming under the new PTSD regs).

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

My SSDI was awarded solely on my SC conditions. The only medical records used were my VA medical records.

My TDIU was denied and my SSDI award was mentioned in the denial.

Basically it said that since I was scheduled for a reevaluation by SS that my disability was not considered permanent.

SS has my medical status as MINE. Medical Improvement Not Expected, My diary date is July 2020, that is the date they put for a reevaluation. That's one month before I turn 60 at which point SS no longer requires a reevaluation.

My problem is my lower back. It's not going to get better. It's at the stage where the only thing we are doing is managing the pain.

All SSDI awards are scheduled for reevaluation. By the logic of the person who denied my TDIU no Veteran who is receiving SSDI would be able to receive TDIU.

Member of the Church of the Enlighten Pistolero.

I may be out-manned but I'll never be outgunned.

Shoot to stop the threat or till the magazine is empty.

• HadIt.com Elder

My SSDI was awarded solely on my SC conditions. The only medical records used were my VA medical records.

My TDIU was denied and my SSDI award was mentioned in the denial.

Basically it said that since I was scheduled for a reevaluation by SS that my disability was not considered permanent.

SS has my medical status as MINE. Medical Improvement Not Expected, My diary date is July 2020, that is the date they put for a reevaluation. That's one month before I turn 60 at which point SS no longer requires a reevaluation.

My problem is my lower back. It's not going to get better. It's at the stage where the only thing we are doing is managing the pain.

All SSDI awards are scheduled for reevaluation. By the logic of the person who denied my TDIU no Veteran who is receiving SSDI would be able to receive TDIU.

StreetWalker - their statement that: "since I was scheduled for a reevaluation by SS that my disability was not considered permanent" is complete BULLSH*T!!!!!!! There is no requirement that a disability be permanent, for TDIU or 100%. That statement alone is grounds for an appeal.

pr

I asked for a reconsideration. I also had a denial of Voc Rehab that I filed along with the reconsideration.

I'm hoping that since Voc Rehab found that the severity of my service connected disabilities prevented me from participation in Voc Rehab that it will help my TDIU claim.

Really bummed out the Voc Rehab counselor as I pretty much aced the tests, Scored in the 98% percentile.

Member of the Church of the Enlighten Pistolero.

I may be out-manned but I'll never be outgunned.

Shoot to stop the threat or till the magazine is empty.