VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu For 17 Years Should I Put In For P/t?

Rate this topic

scotish1

I have received TDIU for the last 17 years with no future exams scheduled, but did not approve or deny for Chapter 35. also SSDI for 18 years.

When I speak to VA they say I am not P/T

How should I go forward if I want to now claim P/T?

I have TBI =70%

Tinnitus= 10%

Thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

??? That is odd...no future exams yet no Chap 35?

Did you,in fact, when they awarded TDIU, have a spouse and/or children?

I guess the VA would not make any statement on Chapter 35 DEA if there were no dependents who could benefit from DEA.

"When I speak to VA they say I am not P/T"

Who do you speak to.....Peggy? (the 800 #) not always the most accurate info from 800)

I was just going over some VAOLA stuff I have here and pulled out an annual "summary of Benefits" I get for various purposes.

I always give my tax person a copy of it.And I get =my annual Fishing license fee lowered with it.

Also the county uses it for 2 vets survivors exemptions I get on my property taxes.

I am a widow of a veteran but I wonder if you get one of those and if it says P & T on that letter.

I assume every SC vet here gets that type of summary letter but I could be wrong.

If any of you do...does it say ever P & T on it?

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

You should have requested P&T after 5 yrs of TDIU. You may actually be "in fact" P&T, because there were no future exams scheduled. If, during the past 17 yrs you had a spouse and/or children, who would have benefited by you being P&T (for school or ChampVA medical benefits) you may want to file a CUE claim. It does happen. I won a CUE claim on the P&T ChampVA issue a couple of yrs ago, back to 1989.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Log onto E banefits. Look at your letters. If you have a commissary letter then you are P and T. If they screwed you out of CHapter 35 and champ VA then they can right this. You may have to asl for it, get an attorney but if you have no future exams means static so they really screwed the pooch here. If you do this right, they will have to back it up.

J

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use