Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Very Confused

Rate this question

qwiksting

Question

I used Ebenefits to file a TDIU claim. I tried to first file unemployability claim, but it told me I had to first open a claim for increase. So, i opened a claim for increase for ptsd. I am 70% now, but newly unemployed due to ptsd. I had to have 2 physicians statements in order to file for disability from work. I used my 2 VA docs, one was my MH doc. Both wrote I was unemployable due to my SC ptsd, said VOC rehab is a no go. I uploaded those two records, along with a statement from my employer indicating my difficulties at work and also va forms 21-4192 and form va 21-8940 in support of my claim. I did this yesterday and it asked me at the end of the claim if I wanted to do FDC or not. I checked yes for FDC and submitted it. My question is, now do I file the unemployability claim on ebenefits ?? I am confused. Are you supposed to do both or just the one for an increase ...ptsd with secondary unemployability?

The VA wont let us widows of vets to use ebenefits so I cant answer that question but I just wanted to comment that you sure have this good to the git go!

Your evidence is exactly what the VA needs for the TDIU claim!

I hope so...I am going to see the VFW rep in a minute to let him look at what I have. I felt that was with my stomach problems too, only to have it go to the BVA and sit for almost 5 years to get a 0% from the va. I did a NOD on that about 2 months ago, and now I filed tdiu, I feel I will not get any resolution any time soon because of the NOD. They will probably take their time with the NOD then get to the IU claim :(

I was granted SS disability on Friday, 8 november, first payment will be april 9 2014. I called VA and told them, in hope that would add evidence to IU claim. The lady took the information, read me a "scripted advisement" telling me she would forward this information to VA. Maybe It won't take the whole 8 months as i was advised by VA???

Quikstring,

Congrats. How long did it take you to get approved for SSD, Did you file or Lawyer, and what state are you in? Sorry for all the questions, just looking for an idea

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, hand carry a copy of your SSDI award to the VA and get it date stamped. This is what I did and I still had to struggle with TDIU because of something one of my doctors said. The VA will use any excuse so watch what information you give them. I got SSDI in about 3-4 months on my own. TDIU took over a year even though I was 70% for bipolar at the time.