Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Quality Control

Rate this question

mountaingirl

Question

Hi there everyone, I have been reading in here for over a year, I finally signed up. :) You guys have so much valuable information, thanks so much. I applied for SSDI on October 10 online,(I dropped off med records and docs letters attached with with Patricks self report :biggrin: I faxed/mailed in function report on Oct 19th which was requested from BDD on the , I called yesteerday adn the clerk said I had gotten a favorable decision and my claim is under review at quality control. She said give it 30-60 days. Your thoughts?

mountaingirl

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

That is very fast.

Most people wait up to 2 years.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

I just hired a lawyer yesterday for SSD or SSI, I can them confused. I am 80% SC and I have Crohn's Disease and PTSD among other health conditions. I could only wish that my case is that fast. My twin brother was denied 4 times in a row, and his Hearing is in December. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your case was decided fast because you have good evidence and probably do not have multiple conditions. I have found with the govt that the more conditions an applicant has the longer it takes. God bless you and keep us updated. By the way what are your conditions, if you don't mind me asking?

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Hi there everyone, I have been reading in here for over a year, I finally signed up. :) You guys have so much valuable information, thanks so much. I applied for SSDI on October 10 online,(I dropped off med records and docs letters attached with with Patricks self report :biggrin: I faxed/mailed in function report on Oct 19th which was requested from BDD on the , I called yesteerday adn the clerk said I had gotten a favorable decision and my claim is under review at quality control. She said give it 30-60 days. Your thoughts?

mountaingirl

Those are the key word for SSA decisions "favorable decision".

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I know mine took 8 months, heck been waiting that long for the VA to add my wife on????? Anyway congratulations now the hard part waiting on the letter explaining the whens and how much. Remember to watch for the back pay if nothing within 1 month call them on it. Should not go over that.

Hi again everyone, here is my update. I checked the website last night and found I am approved!! It has my Monthly Benefit Amount,

Payment Schedule, Next Payment Date:

I clicked on the benefit verification letter, and read that. Now I guess I wait and see what is next.

Thanks again, I read all of everyones advice.

Mountaingirl