Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New To Social Security Board

Rate this question

qwiksting

Question

Hi all, i don't know how to feel, I am new to social security, I filed in September for SSD. I found out today that i was approved and my first payment will be April 9 2014. I currently have a claim in for IU that was filed near the same time. That claim is still under review. Also, I am waiting for the State to approve disability, as I was a State employee with over 20 years. And last, but it will be last, I am sure..I am currently in the MEB process with packet at Ft. Bliss, E7 with 18 and half years service when I was discharged back in 06 (should have had an MEB then, but my unit administratively discharged me) I had to write the ABCMR to get a fair shake at the MEB, which was approved April this year. I had my initial interview with PEBLO 2 weeks ago. I need someone with some experience to shed some light as to how things may fall. Will the VA see my approved SSD and grant IU? What effect will this have on my MEB? I feel the state is just slow, but should know something this month with a retire date of December 1. I have read how SS is such a pain to get approved, I feel very fortunate that it went off fairly smooth with a first time grant. No appeal, no Doctors besides the VA Docs I see. I use the VA exclusively, so all of my medical records are there. Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, it was. SS sent my VA docs paperwork to fill out. They also sent my employer paperwork to fill out, and the same with me. I was amazed at the speed of the grant with SS. i wish the VA could do the same.

"I had to write the ABCMR to get a fair shake at the MEB, which was approved April this year." Good for you!

"I had my initial interview with PEBLO 2 weeks ago"

I sure hope the PEBLO has a clue. Some ADs and Vets here were having a hard time getting ahold of PEBLOS some time ago. I searched for them and got lots of PEBLO job opening stuff.

So I hope they hired more by now.(and trained them well)

I am kind of sure you are aware of CRSC/CRDP.

If not I will find the info here and post it for you.

"What effect will this have on my MEB?"

It could have a big affect. Make sure your PEBLO knows about the SSDI Quiksting.

I am sure if you search at hadit under MEB (or use google and put into the browser MEB hadit.com some stuff I posted will pop up on MEB.

Yes, I have been searching and reading this forum along with another one. I don't know who to contact about my ss grant as far as the VA goes…?? I hate to throw more evidence at them, as i am sure they are overwhelmed with evidence I have already submitted. I figured if they deny my claim, (I can't see how they will, but it is the VA) I will body punch them with this SS grant. I will be in contact with my PEBLO on Tuesday to share this info, as well as send a copy of it to them. I was amazed at the speed of the grant…I still can't believe that.