Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Made..

Rate this topic

scoutitout19d

• HadIt.com Elder

Couple of things you should consider. Contact the court about getting a child support reduction hearing/order. I believe the current minimum is $50 monthly based on your income. If you do not the support will continue to accrue, fast. This is not about trying to screw the ex or your children but just to make an acceptable temporary adjustment. When you're back on your feet, financially, they can adjust it again.

Consider bankruptcy. Not what one wants to do but what you might need to do it to get back on your feet. I did it. During my claims process, I lost a marriage, a house, and just about everything you can imagine. I lived in my vehicle. The VA doesn't care! They are an insurance company and like an insurance company, they don't want to pay. You will win, eventually, but you must never give up. This is just a test of what you are capable of doing. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger!! Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, did I say ever, give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apply for SSDI, now.

Also, get over the idea that life is fair, cuz it ain't. Good things happen, bad things happen, both to good and bad people . . . forget fairness.

jmo

pr

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

Amen PR.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Thank you guys for the support and advice I'm so happy to have found this site I apologize for panicking I know people on here have been through worse than I have I guess I'm just getting started... thanks again I'm going to get a lawyer I should have done so from the start.

Scout I'm sorry to hear of your current situation. Follow these guys advice. They will help you get where you need to be. Any win is a win with VA, so, congratulations on that! Don't give up! Thats what they want you to do! Stay strong and more so, stay positive!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use