Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Made On Friday 13 December 2013

Rate this topic

salty65

Salty,

If you have dependents like me, then you will get around $1800 a month, as I am 80% too and that's what I get.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. I appreciate all of the kind words. Since the decision showed up on Friday the 13th, does anyone know how long will it be before they deposit the retro to my bank account?

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey guys, I received a decision yesterday. I was granted 70% for service connected PTSD and major depressive disorder, which was originally diagnosed as dysthymic disorder in 2006, of which I claimed in 2006 as PTSD, which the VA said was unsubstantiated in 2006, and my knees remain at 10% each, for a total of 80%. I had several other conditions (PFB (new),increase for left/right knee degenerative arthritis with loss of flexion, lumbar strain (reopen), sleep apnea (reopen) that was identified after active duty, painful scars(new) from stitches given after a car accident while on active duty. All were denied, except the increase from dysthymic disorder to PTSD.

Although, what is strange is the amount that is showing as the amount of $762.00 for the 80% disability. I haven't received the big brown envelope yet,so I can't elaborate more than that right now.

Also, the lumbar strain isn't even showing up when I go through the motions of "filing a new claim."

Never the less, I know I am blessed to be where I am.

Thanks guys for your support throughout this last year, and I will keep you all posted once the big brown envelope arrives.

Yup, I don't understand the $768 rate, as it doesn't fit any chart/table. Good on the win, tho!!! I'd guess a week, maybe 2, on the deposit, may be w/the regular monthly payment, on the 31st. jmo

pr

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use