Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

You're Terminated!

Rate this topic

Loose Cannon

I can relate to the all or none thinking. Hang in there. At times I to concentrate to-much on the negative. "It can't rain all the time" Have faith there are still good people out there, just have to sort out the dirt bags. Keep fighting.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

• HadIt.com Elder

I asked for a dues refund from DAV for life membership. They just laughed at me. They are not going to refund a dime. They are not worth a dime. I really wonder what they do for us in Congress? Maybe they have chugging contests with local congressman. They don't make PAC contributions to candidates so what use are they? NRA has more power in its little finger than all the VSO's combined. Money means power in politics. If our vet organizations don't fund candidates they are nothing. AARP funds candidates who support their programs. DAV, VFW and AL do not fund candidates who are pro vet. Of course, you won't find any politicians who say that vets are just slugs who want a handout, but that is how many vote.

John

Everyone's kind words of encouragement are much appreciated...from the bottom of my heart- Thank you.

Just got off the phone with the DAV. Would you believe my assigned NSO was not there? After being on my best behavior with the ding bat receptionist, she finally put me through to to second person in charge of the Winston Salem DAV. Gave him the date my fax was received by them and forwarded to the VA...by this NSO. Read him a copy of the fax and the DAV's response and asked him how my NSO could possibly misinterpret the THREE sentence doc I faxed to mean I was confirming them as my POA. He was very arrogant and said they would take care of it. I asked that he have someone hand walk it to the VA today since they are located in the same building and fax me a copy when this was accomplished. He would not. Said simply that he'd take care of it and mail me a copy. At that point, and very tactfully, I told him of my experience with the DAV as my POA...including all calls, letters, etc. that were made by me without a reply dating back the last 6 months. Told him when my 90% + TDIU P&T rating approval letter came from the VA, nobody from the DAV even called to tell me "congrats" or examine each rating to see if the VA lowballed me on any individual ratings...Nothing, not a word from them! Never even informed me when they switched my NSO to this "imaginary person" who mysteriously is always unable to return my messages. His attitude on the phone indicated he could care less. At that point, I asked how I could get my lifetime membership dues returned and taken off their rolls as a member. He says that will never happen, nor has anyone ever requested such be done. I politely informed him that there are SEVERAL other vets that feel the same disservice and that he should prepare himself to address that in the near future...In other words, we're fed up and don't want to be part of such an incompetent organization that hides behind its' past accomplishments. There are plenty of other organizations worthy of my hard-earned dollars.

In closing, I mentioned that I have documentation to back up my complaining, including names, dates, emails, and letters and that this latest "blunder" was cause for me to go up the chain of the DAV until this "imaginary NSO" gets fired. Then I wished him goodday and hung up.

Nightmare over. Now...Does anyone have any doubt as to FUBAR this once fine organization has become?

Choose your VSO very carefully...they may not be what you think they are.

No mountain is too tough for me...Once a Marine, Always a Marine.

Semper Fi,

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

I know how you're felling about the DAV.Same thing in Phoenix.No returned calls or contact of any sort with my VSO.Never in the office or when he is,he's not taking calls today because of other duties.Now if you need to see him you have to make an appointment with the receptionist who could care less how important it might be.DAV HQ could care less how their people represent them.There are some good ones in the Phx office but I was told I cant change because of the way they are issued by SS#.I guess the luck of the draw wasn't with me on this one.Cant find another VSO to take on my claim because they dont want to get involved while a claim is in the appeal status.

It is kind of ironic that the VA has to afford you due process, but your representative does not. I put in my letter for motion for good cause to revoke my POA while my appeal is at the BVA "I believe there appears to be a significant personal conflict between the representative and myself that has had a detrimental effect on my ability to fully exercise my due process rights in respect to my claim. "

In your case, how can a VSO appropriately represent you if they can't even bother to read three sentences you wrote to see what you actually said?

That is really sad that veterans are represented by such people under the guise of being helped.

Think Outside the Box!

I had the same feeling. That was why I struggled so much deciding whether to revoke my POA. When my representative didn't want to present my case on the theories my husband and I had advanced, it was difficult for me to effectively present my case at my hearing, as it seemed it would be disrespectful to the representative to "go around" him on that. It just seemed like proper protocol would be that you do not show disrespect to your own representative during your hearing.

And even after the hearing, I struggled with whether I should revoke his POA, as I wasn't sure if that would put me in a worse position, regardless of whether my representative was effectively representing me or not.

But when I called to let the representative know that I had received the records he had requested me to get, and he said he had already submitted everything to the judge, but refused to send me a copy of what he submitted, I sent a letter to revoke his POA.

I don't think anyone should have to be represented by someone who is rude and dismissive to them, and who refuses to send them copies of evidence supposedly submitted in their behalf.

Revoking his POA after the hearing meant I revoked it after the damage was already done. But I didn't trust him to not sabotage my claim, and I wanted to try to prevent any further damage if I could.

they are walking on very thin ice with me as well. the only reason I havent fired them is I dont want the va to see dissention in the ranks so to speak. I dont want them to " see" that things arent honky dorey between myself and my appointed " help" . as they may take it as a prompt to deny me. I n any form of battle you never show weakness or percieved weakness.

Think Outside the Box!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use