Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

You're Terminated!

Rate this topic

Loose Cannon

The DAV does have an extensive volunteer network inside the VA hospitals. Moving Patients around, information booths, Even providing coffee for veterans.

J

iD RATHER THEM BE FIGHTING THE VA for my moo laa, and I can buy my own coffee beans.. haha

Edited by 63SIERRA

• 2 weeks later...

NOBODY can be this incompetent can they?? Got a letter today from the DAV office in Winston Salem and I nearly fell out of my chair. After sending them a fax relieving them of duties as my VSO (see redacted letter below)

December 19, 2013

To: Department of Veterans Affairs

Re: VA Claim # C/CSS-xxxxxxxxx

My Power of Attorney is currently held by the (DAV) Disabled American Veterans. Effective immediately, I revoke any and all Power of Attorney held by any person or organization. I will continue to seek just and fair adjudication on all aspects of my claims for VA benefits under 38 CFR and The United States Code on a pro se basis.

Respectfully submitted,

(my name)

Here's what they submitted to the VA Intake Processing Center (IPC) on December 26, 2013:

Mr. (my last name) is confirming power of attorney with DAV.

Sincerely,

(name of my assigned NSO)

Yeah...UNBELIEVABLE isn't it? How can this happen? How can someone mis-interpret what I stated in my fax? The really sad part is that this letter is the ONLY form of communication this specific person has ever made to me directly. Never there when I called, never returned my messages...nothing, except this!

It will take me a few days to cool-down but after the New Year, my butt is driving the 3 hours to their office to pay them a visit. I think this individual should be fired for having done this and I will attempt to speak with the person in charge of this sorry office (tactfully of course) and tell them exactly how I've been treated...piss poor. Man I'm p'eed off!!!

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

You get em boy! I have a VSO who was in the military 30 years, never went to war, and too positive about the VA. I have learned more from the good people on here than him. God bless and good luck. Keep us up to date.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Thanks guys. I'm not doing so good today. This was just the icing on the cake but I'll spare everyone the details. Days like today really reinforce the negative overall feelings I have about people in general. Way too often I encounter people who don't seem to give a crap about "doing the right thing", are only out to make a buck, or show no moral courage. Everyone here has been great...I think it's because we all are or were close to someone who's been in the military and therefore, can relate to the same values even though we may be of a different generation.

One of the major things they tell us at our monthly PTSD meetings is not to use "all or none" thinking. So on days like today it's so easy for me to say "ALL people are only out for themselves and don't care about others" when the facts are "SOME people are only out for themselves and don't care about others". Sounds rediculous but the experts say it is due to my experiences in Iraq where we couldn't trust anyone and had to be vigilant 24/7 to stay alive.

Gonna grab a beer and try to put today out of my memory. Thanks for being there as usual to listen to me whine about my day. You guys really give me hope to keep on keeping on.

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use