Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

You're Terminated!

Rate this topic

Loose Cannon

• HadIt.com Elder

Some of the Service Organizations are like a fungus they are hard to get rid of

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Just want all to know that none of my claims are in an appeal status or at the BVA level (thank God). So that made my decision to revoke much easier. With that said... I think I gave them more than ample time to "do right" by me. Six months and zero contact despite many efforts so I gave them the boot. I think I was more than fair with them. Not once did I hear anyone apologize during today's call. No class at all.

Thanks for sharing your experiences all. Happy New Year...may it be a healthy & prosperous 2014 for everyone!

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

• In Memoriam

I was saying the same thing 8 years ago. In the end, after the flush, I realized that all of this has been said for many years. Seems each Veteran has to find out for their own selves about the VSO's.

Pete53 is right. It is as hard to get rid of them than trying to quit Reader's Digest. They just keep sending the crap in the mail asking for donations and looking like they are providing some kind of great services.

Don't be suprised if you see there name as representing you on your next BVA decision. It is just the way it is.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

I was saying the same thing 8 years ago. In the end, after the flush, I realized that all of this has been said for many years. Seems each Veteran has to find out for their own selves about the VSO's.

Pete53 is right. It is as hard to get rid of them than trying to quit Reader's Digest. They just keep sending the crap in the mail asking for donations and looking like they are providing some kind of great services.

Don't be suprised if you see there name as representing you on your next BVA decision. It is just the way it is.

Very true...Wish there was a way to get groups that "underperform" off of the VA list of accredited service groups. Right now, word of mouth seems to be our most effective way to counter the propoganda they solicit the veteran community. Wish I'd have done better research before giving them POA. Live and learn I suppose.

They can waste all the money they want to send me requests for more money...I have lots of trash bags!

And I could care less about their name being on any future claims or whatnot...I sent the VA a copy of the revoke letter and already got the green return receipt with their signature stating they received it. Also sent them one via fax with confirmation as I lost trust in the DAV a long time ago. So legally, I am covered.

Quack...quak (that's the sound all my ducks in line are making)

:-)

LC

Edited by Loose Cannon

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

Very true...Wish there was a way to get groups that "underperform" off of the VA list of accredited service groups. Right now, word of mouth seems to be our most effective way to counter the propoganda they solicit the veteran community. Wish I'd have done better research before giving them POA. Live and learn I suppose.

They can waste all the money they want to send me requests for more money...I have lots of trash bags!

And I could care less about their name being on any future claims or whatnot...I sent the VA a copy of the revoke letter and already got the green return receipt with their signature stating they received it. Also sent them one via fax with confirmation as I lost trust in the DAV a long time ago. So legally, I am covered.

Quack...quak (that's the sound all my ducks in line are making)

:-)

LC

sorry to hear about your experiences with the DAV. I can tell you that not all of their VSO's are inconsiderate or lazy. with your claims not being at the BVA or CVAC, it was the right time to withdraw the POA. I would just like to recommend, that if your claim does end up at the BVA or CVAC, you don't want to do it alone, JMHO.... good luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Meghpo0405 is dead on. Not all VSO's with the DAV are bad. THey do have a lot of good ones.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use