Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get My Unemployability Back

Rate this question

iceturkee

Question

count me as one of the veterand who did not get the form to fill out for 2013. i find out today quite by accident they have removed it. i know i can get it back but its a pain. plz help. thank you.

I believe that at this time it is only for pension.

ONLY for this...ONLY for that. Those "onlys" still have an impact. If one vet is affected, it affects us all.

Only 49 cents today leads to 49 bucks tomorrow...if we sit on our hands and do zip.

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

I was sent this form 2 times from the Montgomery Al RO once in March after sending it back first class mail, I receive another request to submit the form again. I filled it out and sent it back certified return receipt. Then last week I receive the form again from Augusta Maine RO to fill out and submit before Jan 2, 2014 or my benefits would be cut. So this time I faxed it back the same day I got it and requested that they call me and then I mailed certified return receipt. I was called on yesterday letting me know that they received my form.

Ever wonder why everything has to be so confrontational with the VA?? I'll be sending in a form once a month to prevent this fiasco from happening. Chances are good they'll screw up once and lose the form...but 12 times? Even the VA can get it right once if I give 'em 12 attempts I hope!

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

• HadIt.com Elder

I found out today that my claim was stalled because the VA had never sent me a form asking me if I had any new evidence. This was what the 5103 Waiver Review was all about on Ebenefits was about, but I had to make a phone call to the VA to find out what was happening. I gave the phone person a statement saying I had no more evidence, and they entered it into the record. If you have that 5103 Waiver Review in your claim it is because the VA has not sent you the letter. My claim sat for 4 months and I called and sent in letters to the VA and nothing. I guess my point is that 5 minutes with a real person can fix a problem that has held your claim up for a year.

John

the 5103 waive has taken the place of the VCAA letter. I am having some real difficulty with this form. I've had veterans come back to see me with this form, when the claim submitted was a fully developed claim. I've spoken with some individuals at VA who told me it was policy that they send this letter out. Why a fully developed claim? The veteran signs the 21-526ez and attests that all medical documentation has been submitted and that there is no additional documentation to provide. When the VA receives this 5103 back, it removes the claim from FDC status and places it as a normal claim. I'm fighting this, my supervisors have submitted complaints to no avail. I've been instructed now, that when a veteran returns back to the office, not to do anything, but let it take its course. Which brings me to the point that John999 had brought up in his post above. Now the claim sets for months awaiting the return of the 5103. Why does the VA have to make things harder than they have too? Crap like this really wants me to retreat and do something else.....