Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking For Dr. In San Antonio Tx Who Will Review Records And Provide Imo

Rate this question

DICK HILL

Question

I need help locating doctors in San Antonio TX who will review records and provide me with an IMO. If anyone can help me it will be greatly appreciated.

I will be filing claim for current problem with sciatic nerve and I am assuming that even though there are 23 entries in my military service SF 600s (from October 1987 to December 1989) showing I received treatment for an injury (sciatic nerve) while on active duty that I still will need a independent medical review to attach to my claim package. If the IMO is not needed, please advise. Thanks

Dick Hill

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

For Elder. Thanks for your response. Continuity of care does exist. There are an additional 14 post retirement treatment entries regarding low back, hip, and right leg and knee plus I had a MRI on my lumbar spine/sciatica last month which shows multiple disc bulge and other problems. Am thinking of claiming secondary to service connected thoracic and lumbar degenerative arthritis/spondylosis.

Again, thanks for your response.

Dick Hill

you will do best if you obtain an IMO/IME. You can have your neurologists, neurosurgeon or what ever doc you have that is treating you to write a letter stating that the sciatia is secondary due to your back issues.

Sciatia is normal due to the conditions you have but they way VA is working, give them more than enough medical documentation to support your claim and you will be fine..

Dick,

I agree with PR and Meg. As you might already know, an IMO is not cheap! Personally, I never got one. I chose to go with the evidence I had. Although I ended up with a 100% TDIU P&T rating, I will always question if I was low balled in regards to the 10% percentage awarded for my in-service back injury (vertibral fracture/dislocation).

Again, another gamble I wound up taking. Just glad it worked out. Looking forward to someday actually receiving the compensation the VA still has yet to pay...but that can be said for many vets after receiving a rating like mine. Good luck brother!

LC

P.S.- Also wish my DAV NSO would have reviewed the VA's decision and contacted me with a Congratulations call or advised me of a possible individual low ball rating...Nothing. Never heard a word!

Edited by Loose Cannon

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

Hi There,

Sorry I don't know of any doctors, but I'm a vet here in SA and I just wanted to say hello and offer my support. Thank you for your service and hang in there. It's a long road, but it's great that you found this site and can get advice from those that have gone before you.

Take Care

• HadIt.com Elder

This guy did one for aniother member here at Hadit.

http://danbartelmd.com/

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.