Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Myhealthevet And Iris

Rate this question

Wolfhound88

Question

Hi All,

Hope this Wednesday morning finds you all well!

I have a two quick questions please. First, I just now got "authenticated" for full access to MyhealthEVet. I am not seeing my C&P exams from last month included in my medical information. I read somewhere here that C&P's that are done by "contracted" examiners will NEVER be included on MyhealthEVet...is that what you all have found as well?

Second question...I have been thinking about doing an Iris to make sure that my RO does in fact have my most recent C&P's...Does filing an Iris slow down my claim in any way?

Thanks so much all!

:)

• HadIt.com Elder

No, it really does not slow it down. Who did your C&P exams? There comes a point when you just cannot worry or hurry the VA. You can make sure the VA has evidence "you" sent them. I would not check more than once every few weeks or you will drive yourself nuts. You have to get the contract C&P exams from the VARO. Your VA C&P exams can sometimes be gotten via Release of Medical Records. You can be pro-active, but the VA is inactive. I would call the 800 number every so often to see if there is some document they lack that is holding up your claim. I mean like a DD214. This happens.

Thanks john!

It was a company called LHI that contracted out the folks to do my C&P's, and they sent me to a branch of University of Kansas providers that did the C&P for my feet and hearing. The Psych C&P was done by a contracted psychologist that had been with the VA for 20 years treating PTSD.

I called LHI a few weeks back and they confirmed that they had sent all the results electronically to the VA...I just want to MAKE SURE the VA has the info because they have moved me in the Preparation for Decision phase. I'd have to get denied by them saying they didn't have it...

And yes, john, you are correct. I DO check ebennies WAY too often, and it IS driving me nuts!!! :)

Edited by Wolfhound88

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think you have too much to worry about the VA not getting the C&P results that they paid to have done. The problems come in when you send them evidence via mail or a VSO. What evidence have you submitted to the VA yourself? If your C&P exams have been done then I think your rating is going to happen pretty quick if that is all the medical evidence you have. I might call or send an IRIS, but I would not do anything to slow the VA down at this point. I think the train is on the track. In my experience decisions come pretty fast after the C&P exams are done. Did the VA diagnose you with PTSD before your C&P exam and did you let the VARO know that you have records with the VA that showed a PTSD DX? The way it works now is that the VA must DX you with PTSD. They will not accept a lone DX of PTSD from non-VA doctor. This is really outrageous since the VA is saying they are the only ones who can DX PTSD which is false.

Your C/P exams were conducted by a contractor, thus you will need to submit a request to the VARO for a copy of your exams. I would not do this until your claim has been completed and you receive your rating decision.

When a veteran request a copy of his/her c/p exams or medical records while a claim is pending, once va receives the request, they send the request to the office/individual that has your claim. They in turn send your claim to the copying room to get copied. Once they are completed, they then return your claim to where it was before you requested. This process (depends on the VARO) will add about 3-4 additional months to your claim.

Again, my suggestion is to wait until you receive your rating decision then request the records that you need to do...

Hi All,

Hope this Wednesday morning finds you all well!

I have a two quick questions please. First, I just now got "authenticated" for full access to MyhealthEVet. I am not seeing my C&P exams from last month included in my medical information. I read somewhere here that C&P's that are done by "contracted" examiners will NEVER be included on MyhealthEVet...is that what you all have found as well?

Second question...I have been thinking about doing an Iris to make sure that my RO does in fact have my most recent C&P's...Does filing an Iris slow down my claim in any way?

Thanks so much all!

:)

There really don't appear to be many absolutes when dealing with the VA. You may be able, after all, to access your contracted C&P results via MyHealtheVet (just doublechecked and I cannot). It probably depends on the VAMC. Meghp is an expert at how to handle the RO, and I'd take his advice and follow it closely. However, you do have another option by waiting until your claim moves to the rating phase, so you're sure the C&P information has been sent, then asking the VAMC for a copy through the records release office.

That's assuming your particular region operates like mine. Around these parts, the RO asks the VAMC to obtain certain medical examinations to support a rating decision. The VAMC then decides how best to do that, either by conducting a C&P itself or contracting out to an outside entity. The VAMC then compiles the C&P package and sends it to the RO. I was able to get QTC contracted results from the VAMC, for instance.

Some posts have made it sound like the RO drives the contracted C&P process separate from the VAMC for those specific areas. Again, this might be a local thing where some do and some don't.

MyHealtheVet is a Veterans Health Administration system, meaning that it connects to the VAMCs and their parent orgs. My QTC C&P appointments appear in my health care appointments list. Yours may not. That could be an indicator of whether or not the VAMC could be a source for these exam results.

Thanks all for the responses! I've been in Prep for Decision since January 23rd (I know, not long at all :) ) . I was just hoping to see a copy of my C&P's, but definitely not going to worry about it if it slows any of the process down.

I did notice this past weekend that my status had changed some, it that it now says that "Evidence requested is past due"...I've done a little research and see that a lot of people are saying it's a glitch in the Ebennies system? The only thing that says I havent sent in was my waiver request, but I never recieved it from them, and they closed that December 9, 2013.