Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Denied - Reconsideration Meeting

Rate this question

thomasc

Question

So I was denied TDIU back in Oct. 2013, and my VSO (Dec. 2013) recommended a reconsideration and requested a meeting with the rater. Today(Feb.2014), I received a letter from the VA with a meeting scheduled for next week. My VSO said I don't need to bring anything and not to worry if they bring up incompetency, but I don't feel like being ambushed. I don't want to be caught off guard or give the VA any ammo to use against me.

So the Question is: Has anyone been through this? what was the outcome of your meeting? any other advise is appreciated, Thanks.

Edited by thomasc

Hello John,

I want to thank you and Jerrel, your radio shows provides great information and topics are spot on.

That's right John! forget TDIU, my VSO said the VA reviewer felt I met the requirements for 100% PTSD T&P with makes TDIU moot, with SMC (S) (housebound), ED SMC (K), and will go back to earliest effective date.

Not sure how the VA will determine my effective date because I filed within a year of original claim dated July 2010, but turned in a 8940 April 2011. From what I've read VA can use either date, but this gets a little confusing since TDIU is being taken out of the picture.

I still have two appeals in place TBI/Sleep Apnea no extra money but my VSO thinks they should be service connected incase they effect me in the future.

This has all been verbal and within the last week, not sure how long it will take but were tracking in the right direction.

Edited by thomasc

So I never made it to my reconsideration meeting, cuz VSO called and said "VA has agreed that I should be 100% T/P and will grant to the earliest effective date." I was looking for some answers at this meeting, but it sounds like the VA is going to do the right thing.

I am going to still work on sleep apnea and TBI, these were under appeal and won't equal anymore money but will protect my family incase I died from either of these, or lose my mind(TBI).

Actually if you get SA at 50% that would put you up to a rating of scheduler 100% and give you some more benefits at VA and at your state maybe.

Stillhere

So things are moving along, I've attached a letter VA sent on Feb. 20th, which confirms what I was told.

Not sure how long till BBE? but movement feels good!

Edited by thomasc

So things are moving along, I've attached the letter VA sent Feb. 20th, which confirms what I was told.

Not sure how long till BBE? but movement feels good!

Soooooooooooo......where's the letter ?

• HadIt.com Elder

You know when I was in the service I had sleep problems and it is in my records. However, this was in 1970 and I was discharged in 1971. I don't think the subject of OSA was even an issue in those days. Did they even do sleep studies in 1971? It was like my TMJ. I had it in service but no one ever put that DX in my records. If my records only state sleep problems do I have a chance of getting OSA SC'ed at this date? My OSA is "profound" as the doctor says. I even have dreams about not being able to breath. OSA would make me 100% scheduler but I will never bring up that subject to the VA.

John