100% Ptsd;tbi And 30% Headaches Smc-S

Rate this topic

sully375

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks. This is a schedular rating. I would not worry about the work issue unless I had 2 factors involved.

TDIU or a 100 percent rating for a mental disorder.

In other words, go ahead and work.

Basser

This was my thinking as well. The reason I am going to continue to work for a couple years is that my wife has been wanting to go back to school for a degree in Child Psychology, she is a teacher with a Masters already and wants to be a school psychologist. I've already signed over the last remaining year of POST 9/11 to her so I will just have to come out of pocket for some of it since my understanding is that since I am not rated permanent at this time she doesn't qualify for free schooling.

Plus I'll be honest I get paid very nicely to work from home. So I told my wife she can take the next couple years off and get this degree then I am retiring, hopefully by 40!

Also I was already starting a MEB with the guard based on the 70% PTSD, now with the 100% combined PTSD/TBI I am sure they will not be able to deny me the disability retirement I am filing for. Well, I hope. 12+ years at E7 at a minimum of 50% retirement with CRSC would be a nice addition to this recent award!

• HadIt.com Elder

If I was going to continue to work from home I would just keep quite about it. If you are not TDIU then you are not breaking any laws by working. However, usually VA considers those with mental disorders to be unable to work if they are 100%. I assume you don't have social security disability?

John

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use