Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Have Info On Fdc Timelines At Waco Ro

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

I submitted an FDC for increase in Sep 2013. Finally had my C&P exams yesterday at Ft Worth VA. The exams went very well, except for Ortho he was an idiot. Do any of you have a timeline or experiences with Waco RO. Thanks in advance

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I submitted an FDC for increase in Sep 2013. Finally had my C&P exams yesterday at Ft Worth VA. The exams went very well, except for Ortho he was an idiot. Do any of you have a timeline or experiences with Waco RO. Thanks in advance

Need more details about your claim. Why an idiot? I also submitted an FDC claim to Waco and was complete in less than a year. What you include with the claim as evidence makes a difference. They do not want to do any digging for the claim. Submit "anything" that might help.

I was medically retired last year, and 80% SC. I did not submit the claim, I was part of the New program where the military Medically Retired me and the Navy submitted my claim to the VA at the same time, so I had my %s before I retired. Once I was retired, I found out from my VSO that some conditions were lowballed, and others that I never new to submit. I submitted an FDC in Sep 2013 for PTSD increases, Crohn's Disease increase, Knee increase, Testicular Surgery New, ED secondary to Testicular Surgery, and Hearing Increase. Everything is well documented, like I said, I did not submit original Claim and I am new to the whole VA side of things. The Ortho Examiner was an idiot, cause he did not want to remove my Metal Knee Brace, and he said " I don't know why your knee wont bend", so I had my Medical Record with me, and I showed him where I had 2 Knee surgeries while I was active, and I gave him copies of my recent MRIs at the VA, and he said "All I see now, that does make sense". The other Docs were very nice, one Doc saw me for Crohn's, GERD, and Testicular Issues, and he told me that he is here for the Vet, and he shook my hand, and gave me a thumbs up along with a wink, and said he would take care of me. The Psych Doc was a lot better than I expected. First thing she asked me is why I was not already 100% just for PTSD alone. She said that she reviewed my File, Military Records, along with my records where I was in a Civilian Mental Hospital in 2012. So we talked for about 2 hours, and then she gave me her Number and told me to call her anytime, and she gave me a hug and told me that I have nothing to worry about, hint hint. I have been well documented for all my conditions for over 5 years. I just did not know enough about the VA, when the Navy first submitted my claim. I just went off of their words, and went home when they told me to. Thanks for your input

Well being 31 years old and beat up the way you are I certainly feel for you. I think back on my life after Vietnam and making the best I could to get through without any help from anyone. Back then we or should I say I did not know where to turn or who to turn to. I had a few problems back then but all in all it turned out just toughing it out.

Luckily my heart and db2 and even my heart waited until I was 50 or so before crapping out on me. Guess I was lucky in that way?

i do wish you the best and sounds like you have a handle on what your doing but being so young I do worry that your life could be over before it starts and that is a bad thing. Between 30 and 50 was a lot years of living and I wish you the best!

Stillhere

FDC are taking on average 10 months at the WACO VARO.

Stinger gave some ill advice. You submitted an FDC, do NOT submit anything else as it will take your claim out of the FD status and make it a normal claim....

FDC are taking on average 10 months at the WACO VARO.

Stinger gave some ill advice. You submitted an FDC, do NOT submit anything else as it will take your claim out of the FD status and make it a normal claim....

Educate me....Where did I advise to send in anything after the FDC claim was filed? I ONLY stated to make sure that ALL evidence is submitted. Be careful how you interpret something.